Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are you thankful this Thanksgiving??? >

What are you thankful this Thanksgiving???

What are you thankful this Thanksgiving???

Old 11-23-2011, 07:11 AM

Default What are you thankful this Thanksgiving???

As I look back over the past year, it is time for me to give thanks. I am thankful for continued good health (10 year sarcoma survivor), for all the help and support from my Quilting Board friends and for all the trials and tribulations that have made me a stronger person. Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:21 AM

I am thankful that my husband's job has made it possible for me to be home with my two sons. I am thankful that I had a safe birth and healthy baby last March, and I am thankful that we have all the necessities of life. I am also thankful for the health of my family and the love and friendships we enjoy. Great post (and congrats on 10 years!) Happy Thanksgiving all!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:44 AM

I am thankful for my church, my family and that I have a roof over my head and food in my belly.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:24 AM

The list is so long, where does one begin. I'm thankful for everything! Seriously everything. My wonderful family and friends, good health( just being able to walk, talk, read, write, see, smell, move all my extremities, breath without assistance, take care of my self and for all my friends and family to have the same faculties) thankful for being blessed enough to have a roof over my head, food for all meals, clean water, fresh air. Thankful for all the laughter and tears life brings which make us know we are alive. So much to be thankful for!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:33 AM

Every time I take a shower I am so thankful. When I think of all the places I have had to clean up over the years I am very thankful for hot and cold running water, a clean place to get clean, soap, towels, etc. I have had to use rooms that had no running water, hot water was heated on the stove or in a pot by the fire. I have bathed in a horse trough and out in the open under a tree. I often wonder how Christ would have liked a nice hot shower after a day of being a carpenter. He couldn't just go to the lumber yard and get wood. Something taken as an everyday occurance is really appreciated by me!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:53 AM

I am thankful for so much...everything really. I have a fantastic family, 2 wonderful sons, 4 beautiful grandchildren, though my husband is no longer alive I still have his love all around me and feel safe and secure in it. I survived cancer, I feel wonderful, I walk miles every day, I am making new friends in Illinois after leaving my beloved NJ, I have a great stash and a working machine. Life is outstanding!
Old 11-23-2011, 09:48 AM

I am thankful that I'm healthy both in general and then specifically since I just got over a stomach bug and it's so nice to be able to eat and walk. Thankful for my family and friends who are so amazing and supportive, the husband who likes my quilting habit... thankful for 2 jobs (and next year, I'll be thankful to be down to 1 job), thankful for my house, thankful I have enough to eat and clean water and such, and thankful to be finding time to work on my hobbies a bit in betwixt the working 55 hours/week
Old 11-23-2011, 10:05 AM

I am thankful for my hubby, he is the best and worth the wait!!!!
I am thankful for my daughter who has really cleaned up her act and is working so hard to be independent; sometimes tough love really does work.
I am thankful that we have been so blessed, we have our health and all of our hard work and sacrifices are slowly paying off.
I am thankful for all the kind and generous people on this board who so selfishly answer questions, share ideas and support to all; I have learned so much since I have joined.
I am thankful that I live in the USA, it is easy to forget how blessed we really are.

Have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving everyone......

God Bless
Old 11-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Power Poster

I am thankful for my DH and that he has the patience to deal with a menopausal wife.
I am thankful that my mom is recovering from her accident and her rehab is making her well again.
I am thankful for my sister who is the sweetest person on the planet - OK, thankful for brother too.
I am thankful for my friends.
I am thankful for a whole lot more. Life may be challenging - but it is good.