Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Christmas song?

My favorite is "Mary Did You Know?" You can hear it on you tube . Brings me to tears every time I hear it.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

O Holy Night and Christmas in Dixie.

Silent Night is my favorite. I sometimes go to a National Park near here and climb a mountain path and sing it for me on Christmas eve.

Quote Originally Posted by kateyb View Post
    Silent Night is my favorite. I sometimes go to a National Park near here and climb a mountain path and sing it for me on Christmas eve.
    What a nice tradition for you!

"Who is He in Yonder Stall" is my favorite, especially as it's performed by the SMS men's choral group. I tear up every time I hear this song.

Blog Entries
    "O, Holy Night"and "Little Drummer Boy" for Traditional and Dolly Parton's "Hard Candy Christmas" for my Secular one!

Blog Entries
    My favorite is Auld Lang Syne.
    My favorite carol is Oh Holy Night.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

I like them all, but my new favorite is - Becky Kelley - Where's the Line to See Jesus. I have never heard it on the radio, but it is such a very true Christian song. Here is a link to it, I hope that you will give it a listen. I always cry while listening to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OExXItDyWEY

Quote Originally Posted by LenaBeena View Post
    I grew up singing German songs for Christmas in our little Lutheran church and still remember "Kling Glichen" and ending Christmas Eve service with "Stille Nacht". In college I learned a medieval song "Adam Lay Embounded" and my children learned in their school "Bring a Torch Jeannette Isabella". I also like "Coventry Carol" from our time in England, and we decorate our tree by "Once in David's Royal City. I love to hear and sing along to many more. What songs do you enjoy?
    Dear LenaBeena
    I was trying very hard to remember a german christmas song with the name "Kling Glichen" until the bell rang! It is called "Kling Glöckchen" and means ring little bell. I love that song too and look forward to christmas and singing all those traditional songs with children and grandchildren.

All I Want For Christmas Is You. I like all the old ones and almost, if not all new ones. Ones with a lively beat appeals to me also.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast