Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Christmas song?

Smile What is your favorite Christmas song?

I grew up singing German songs for Christmas in our little Lutheran church and still remember "Kling Glichen" and ending Christmas Eve service with "Stille Nacht". In college I learned a medieval song "Adam Lay Embounded" and my children learned in their school "Bring a Torch Jeannette Isabella". I also like "Coventry Carol" from our time in England, and we decorate our tree by "Once in David's Royal City. I love to hear and sing along to many more. What songs do you enjoy?

Silent Night, Silver Bells, sleigh Ride.

Away in the manager is my favorite...

Silent night at Christmas is a favorite of mine. I like all the Christmas songs but that on seems to stand out the most

"Do you hear what I hear?" and "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day" "Coventry Carol" and "Bring a torch Jeannette Isabella" are good too.

Blog Entries
    When I was a kid I would have solos for the youth choir. Silent Night and Away in the Manger were always my favorite.

Unfortunately I nearly lost my voice permanently due to severe repeated "tonsilitis" when I was 12. You don't want me to sing now!!

'White Christmas' by Bing Crosby is my secular favorite. For traditional Christmas carols, I really like 'Oh Holy Night'.

Jane
    September - Scrappy Block swap - Three Dudes in Batiks!
    October - Scrappy Block swap - Simply Woven by Jessica Kelly - Moda Bake Shop
    November - Scrappy Block swap - Florabunda aka Jacobs Ladder in Florals - Bonnie Hunter

Angels We have Heard on High and White Christmas are my favorites. We always ring in the holiday on Thanksgiving evening by watching White Christmas.
    Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.
    Renee

O Little Town of Bethlehem, Hark the Harold Angels Sing, It Came Upon the Midnight Clear

Oh Holy Night is my favorite. It brings to mind a church with a steeple set high on a hill that we drove by on the way to my aunt's house every Christmas Eve when I was a kid. There was always snow on the ground.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast