Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is your other main hobbies besides quilting? >

What is your other main hobbies besides quilting?

What is your other main hobbies besides quilting?

Old 03-14-2013, 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
It would be really interesting if everyone could attach a picture of their other interest/hobby such as their photography, oil painting, horse, airplane, etc. Would management allow us to do that?
Skydiving...
Attached Thumbnails jen-doug-kirk-ken07-05-08.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 04:24 AM

What a fun thread to read, I was so impressed with all the things folks do or are interested in!! Great bunch we have here : )

I love to sew. Clothing, quilts, it really does not matter. Right now I am busy making my DD wedding dress! I have about 5 weeks to get it done. Having to do a lot of alterations but she will look lovely for her special day.

I love to read. I enjoy counted cross stitch. My little girl <----- demands a lot of my attention. I do mean demand.

And lastly I play an on line game called Lord of the Rings Online. I play a lot less than I used to but I am pretty busy with the wedding dress now.

Once it is finished I will be starting on things for Christmas. I want to make many new outfits for my DG American Girl doll, then onto some bed runners, and table toppers.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:45 AM

Baking but not so much working at my paying job, nursing.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:16 AM

Making things from wood. Had my late husband's huge radial arm saw taking up space. Went on ebay to find out what to charge. Found a book instead "everything you need to know about your radial arm saw" and that was just the beginning. Bought the book, kept the saw, scrounged at garage sales and auctions and added a table saw, 2 band saws, three routers, a drill press, two jig saws (and a partridge in a pear tree) (Just kidding about the partridge.) Now I make things from wood also - several quilt racks, a book case, wall cabinets, work benches, bird houses, bird feeders, and if there's a pattern for it and it's not to complicated, "let me at it......" Love working in wood as much as working in fabric (well, maybe "almost as much.") Just an entire new world opened up!! Forgot to mention: "Picture frames" - I build my own and that led to matting and framing. I never, never have to worry about having something to do.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:02 AM

My first passion is running! Last month did my first full marathon (26.2 miles)! Next comes reading.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:12 AM

I love reading about everyone's hobbies! I love to read and watch horror and syfy books and movies. I also love amigurumi, polymer clay, papercrafting, video games, and crafting in general. I am happiest when working with my hands. I would love to dabble in wood but the mr. won't let me touch his tools!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:28 AM

My DH and I work on our family history....have 8300 people in my data base and when I can see them, my grandchildren are my hobby
Old 03-14-2013, 12:22 PM

Reading, cross-stitching and some scrapbooking
Old 03-14-2013, 06:58 PM

Beading jewlry, knitting, crocheting, polka dancing & who knows what else..........
Old 03-17-2013, 11:17 PM

Default My other hobbie

I raise orchids and belong to a local orchid society. I do have a greenhouse for the less temperature tolerant orchids, but grow a fair number of orchids year round outside (it helps when you live in central California).

Last edited by juneayerza; 03-17-2013 at 11:22 PM.