Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your other main hobbies besides quilting?

Painting and all types of sewing and needle work. I love making jewelry and other crafts. I love gardening but this year I may not plant much as we may go into stage three water restrictions soon.

What you all have money left over for something else! I can only read if I go to the library, unless of course it is a quilting book

Driving my ponies (in a cart), biking and yard/garden work....hence my name...Wintersewer...I only sew in the winter. The rest of the year I am outside, hopefully wearing off calories and getting fit.

Blog Entries
    i machine knit and play with grandkids
    Nancy in western NY

Recently I have gotten into cooking since I just bought a new healthy, low-fat cookbook and I love it! I also like reading Dean Koontz and Nicholas Sparks books, decorating my house and container gardening in the summer
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

-Oscar Wilde

Banned
    knitting is my first love. also love making paper, punch needle embrloidery, crocheting, sewing ..now doing many american girl doll things that I sell, iris folding, etc etc

I also love to knit, needlepoint, counted cross stitch, scrapbook, reading and decorating.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

I'm a private pilot, although currently grounded for medical reasons. I belong to a women pilots organization and we do stuff with youth groups, girl scout day, career days, ect. I'm also a hobby silversmith, so I make silver & copper jewelry, along with collecting and polishing rocks to set in my own jewelry. All of my hobbies are on hold anyway because Hubby and I are having a new house built and we are busy with that and will have 1 1/2 acre to landscape after we move in this summer. Oh, and I'm still working full time for 5 more years!
    Last edited by Skyangel; 03-12-2013 at 08:41 AM.

I love to read and study the Bible and paint in oils. I have gotten so caught up in quilting that I have neglected my art work and that is something I am working on. I love to entertain and cook 4 course meals for family and friends.

I sew for my family now and then and really want to do that more often. I am also writing my life story at the request of my olest daughter and illustrating it as I go.

Reading and cooking. I love trying new recipes. Tonight I'm trying chicken thighs wrapped in cabbage leaves served with Chinese mustard. I used to build dollhouses until I discovered quilting.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast