Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What are your plans for Thanksgiving 2010? >

What are your plans for Thanksgiving 2010?

What are your plans for Thanksgiving 2010?

Old 11-03-2010, 09:19 PM

We will drive to Boise, Idaho to spend a few days with our son (who is in college there) and my oldest brother & his wife. I cook and my Sister in Law cleans up - works for me!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:51 AM

We go to my DB in MN and he does all the cooking and is an awesome cook. We do yard projects, etc. to "work for our meal" :-) and we all stay 4 days. Great fun and lots of people, games.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy
We go to my DB in MN and he does all the cooking and is an awesome cook. We do yard projects, etc. to "work for our meal" :-) and we all stay 4 days. Great fun and lots of people, games.
That sounds like fun. Do you do yardwork after the meal to "work off your meal" LOL
Old 11-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

Goodness, tha'ts our 30th anniversary. stay home by ourselves is what we usually do!!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:24 AM

Well this is our first Thanksgiving with just us three. No family lives close by they are all in AZ. Hopefully we can start our own traditions based on both our families.
I'm scared to tackle the turkey as my part in Thanksgiving dinner was, everything else but. LOL at least if the turkey comes out bad we can fill up on stuffing and potatoes with gravy, rolls, oh yeah I'm gonna need cans and cans of cranberry sauce! My husband and son just suck that down!

With all that am i going to lose weight this month?! Maybe Hubby will take me to the mall on black friday and i can work it off. When I shop I look at prices but dont buy. Irk's my hubby to death.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 AM
BMP

MMMMMMM that Cranberry Nut Pie sure sounds good. Will you share the recipe? TIA
Old 11-04-2010, 10:02 AM

I am eating. After making T-Dinner for more years than I would like to tell you, I only bake two or three pies and my daughter and her family come over and make the whole dinner. We have stopped making salads since nobody ate them. (more room for pie)
Old 11-04-2010, 10:03 AM

I'll have a houseful, my daughters and spouses, 4 grandkids, my mom, sis, brother & wife and a couple of people who aren't related, but would otherwise be alone. Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, garden vegetable casserole, corn pudding, coleslaw, rolls, and of course, a few different kinds of pie. I'm very blessed!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:04 AM

I do Thanksgiving every year. From 1st married year when father-in-law (former chef) showed me how to make gravy. He introduced me to "Gravy Master" - use it ever since and think of that kind, sweet man. Over the years we have had all members of family, (numbers up to 10) Had some years where loved ones were not longer living. Enjoyed when child and nephew were little children. A couple of years ago, had to celebrate (?) without my son-in-law as my daughter went through a divorce. Even though I love having Thanksgiving my favorite year was when it started to snow and I kept getting phone calls that "sorry" afraid to venture out! We three (father, daughter and myself) went for a nice walk through the woods enjoying the storm.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Power Poster

We'll be home doing the traditional thing turkey etc. and most from scratch as I am allergic too everything premade.(pepper/spices allergy and too many more)It should be a crew of about 17 or so as my son's fiancee and her mother is also coming and and the guy my DD 20 is courting. He is from out of state but goes to seminary here.Kind of dreading it but it will be all ok. They have the church service the same day and that is what does me over the top.