Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 71

Thread: what's a good remedy for sore throat/cold

  1. #1
    Super Member sash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,105
    I need a good remedy for a sore throat and cold. Got any ideas. It's not for me; I can usually cope, but you know, it's the dh (hate for him to get sick and run down). Thanks.

  2. #2
    Super Member thimblebug6000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    4,610
    Heat some water, squeeze lemon juice into it, add spoonful of honey.....my Mom's all time sure soother...not a cure, but sure makes the throat feel better.

  3. #3
    Google Goddess craftybear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Central Indiana (USA)
    Posts
    31,246
    Blog Entries
    194
    also gargle with warm salt water

    and put vicks vapor rub on the bottom of feet after you shower, put white socks on

    also put vicks on chest, in nose and will start feeling better soon
    ** This is an old time remedy and it does work**

  4. #4
    mbrwfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Heat some water, squeeze lemon juice into it, add spoonful of honey.....my Mom's all time sure soother...not a cure, but sure makes the throat feel better.
    Add a shot of whiskey and you got a hot toddy. Makes everything feel better and helps you sleep good too. ;-)

    -M

  5. #5
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,365
    Blog Entries
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrwfy
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Heat some water, squeeze lemon juice into it, add spoonful of honey.....my Mom's all time sure soother...not a cure, but sure makes the throat feel better.
    Add a shot of whiskey and you got a hot toddy. Makes everything feel better and helps you sleep good too. ;-)

    -M
    I was going to say the same thing.

  6. #6
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,422
    gargle with listerine...works for me

  7. #7
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,194
    I make hot tea, and add honey and lemon!

  8. #8
    Super Member hperttula123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,445
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    also gargle with warm salt water

    and put vicks vapor rub on the bottom of feet after you shower, put white socks on

    also put vicks on chest, in nose and will start feeling better soon
    ** This is an old time remedy and it does work**
    I love vicks!!! I always put it on everyones feet when they are sick. Honey works well for a sore throat. Take a spoonful of it as needed. I try to get local honey so it's got the antibodies for the sicknesses that are around here.
    Tea with honey in it works well too. :)

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    3,232
    Men are always sicker than women. All the above remendies should have him feeling better, or he will be out for the night.

  10. #10
    Super Member sash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,105
    thanks everyone. well, he's already gone to bed so will wait til tomorrow. i thought i remembered the one re: vicks so i had already bought some, but had forgotten about it. will make him try it tomorrow; all are good ideas. he's pretty hard headed too (lol), so might be hard to get him to do any of this. went to the grocery store today. wish i had bought some honey. oh well.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.