Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When it Rains, it Pours

A couple of weeks ago, I went for a regular dental check-up and found that I had a cracked tooth that was beginning to decay; order of the day was a crown. Then last week, my mom goes for her check-up, and receives the same news. Worse yet, this weekend prior to beginning her crown process, she wakes with a terrible toothache, not in the cracked tooth either. News of the day was that she had an abcessed tooth which wound up having to be pulled today! Obviously we did something to tick the tooth fairy off. Hmmmm. Wonder if mom were to put the tooth she had pulled under her pillow, she'd get enough money for it to pay for the crown that is still pending??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

yikes

Blog Entries
    Ow,Ow, Ow

Blog Entries
    maybe you had outta make the tooth fairy a quilt! That way she will be a happy camper & possibly leave you all alone!

Blog Entries
    I feel her pain!! I think you better call in a whole herd of tooth fairies to get THAT bill paid!!

Tooth fairy was unkind to me too! I bit down on a piece of meat must have had a bone in it, the dentist said I bruised it that very night half of it broke off it doesn't hurt so I am going to wait a bit to have it pulled! Good luck to you and your mom! Dentists are expensive!!

Isn't that the truth - its always something....

Power Poster
    Ouch in more ways than one!

Put the tooth under her pillow. She does not want to take any chances with up setting the tooth fairy.
    Hope you get better quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Up North
    Tooth fairy was unkind to me too! I bit down on a piece of meat must have had a bone in it, the dentist said I bruised it that very night half of it broke off it doesn't hurt so I am going to wait a bit to have it pulled! Good luck to you and your mom! Dentists are expensive!!
    Note from Mom: Don't wait too long to have it checked out. When they abscess the pain is horrible, and the dentist can't extract it until the abscess clears up. I woke up with it hurting in the very early hours on Saturday morning, of course dentist was closed on Saturdays. I left a message at his home, and thankfully he came home about 8 p.m. and called a prescription in for an antibiotic and pain pills for me. Took a 70-mile round-trip to get the prescriptions filled since all the pharmacies in our little town are closed after 6 p.m.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast