Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
When will you set up and decorate your Christmas Trees? Love to see photos of your Christmas decorations and trees >

When will you set up and decorate your Christmas Trees? Love to see photos of your Christmas decorations and trees

When will you set up and decorate your Christmas Trees? Love to see photos of your Christmas decorations and trees

Old 11-14-2010, 05:00 AM

I am going to start next weekend. It takes several days. Yep, I go crazy.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:54 AM

we start the day after Thanksgiving and usually my husband is still decorating on Christmas eve, but this year he will be leaving the monday after Thanksgiving to work until Christmas. so he will have to have ALL the outside done b4 he goes, and I'll take care of the inside, this year we are doing traditional red & green. I told him I was going to do a "Blue" Christmas again this year because he wasn't going to be here lol
Old 11-16-2010, 05:29 AM

We usually start decorating after we eat Thanksgiving dinner. Since we have a house full of people we might as well put them to work! :wink:
Since we live in the country and our house is not visible from the road we don't do a lot of outside decorating, but I like to make the house very Christmas-y inside. One thing I really miss from my childhood is having a real tree, but hubby is allergic...so we have a very pretty artificial tree.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:40 AM

No outside decorations any more. If I put it up I have to take it down. I am simplifying my life these days. I put my main tree in the basement sewing room, since that's where I have the most space and we have our family Christmas down there. I will probably have a small tree in the living room. I have a small "sewing tree" I set up every year. I will try to post pics when I have it all up, usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. I like to enjoy it all for the whole month, then down it all comes on New Years Day.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
Would love to see photos of your Christmas trees and decorations
The weekend after Thanksgiving is when we put the lights on the foundation shrubs and tall evergreen in the front of our home and the wreaths on the windows and front door. We have 2 small trees, their lights and decoratons each stored in their own huge plastic container, one is the 'fancy' one for the living room and the other has mostly handmade ornaments from our kids and grandkids - that goes in tv room. Getting older so sometimes I only put up one of the trees, depends on how much entertaining we do or if we are going to CA to spend Christmas with DS#3 and his family.

Have a few special decorations that always go up, the red raspberry ornament from our first Christmas tree 55 years ago in Brooklyn, NY. The 2 angels I bought in 1960, the first year we lived in our home here in Jersey, each year they go in the same spot in the dining room hutch. I love to think about when and where the decorations came from. Over the years have added a few ornaments and decorations and also some quilted table runners. Hopefully this year I'll be adding a Christmas wall hanging for my kitchen. I love to see the dining room table with it's green tablecloth under my Christmas dishes, makes even a soup and sandwich lunch feel special. Everything slowly goes back into storage beginning the week after New Years. May in Jersey
Old 11-16-2010, 06:01 AM

We usually start Thanksgiving day, after we eat, but this year we'll be traveling so I'm not sure what we'll do. DH and I both LOVE the Christmas season so we want to the festive feel to start ASAP (but not before Tgiving is over). We just moved into a new house so I have no idea how we'll decorate b/c there isn't really anywhere to put anything. We don't like clutter so we purposely don't have bookshelves, regular shelves or anything, but that makes it hard for special occasions like Christmas. I have a feeling our scrawny artificial tree (I bought in college) won't look quite right either so we might go out in the woods and cut one for this year (and hope no one is allergic).