Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: When You Thought I Wasn’t Looking

Blog Entries
    Just a little reminder, that all of us are role models for someone.

“When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me and I learned that little things could be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I heard you say a prayer, and I knew there is a God I could always talk to and I learned to trust in God.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you give of your time and money to help people who had nothing and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don’t.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I felt you kiss me good night and I felt loved and safe.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn’t feel good and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it’s all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I saw that you cared and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I learned most of life’s lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn’t looking, I looked at you and wanted to say, Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn’t looking.”

Each of us, parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, friends, or teachers, influence the life of a child.

What a wonderful reminder of everything we teach children without actually teaching them. They learn so much from the people around them and what they see in the world around them.

Thank you Debbie this is so true....we must always try our best to do our best, even when we don't know when someone is looking.

:-) I think I will print that and put it in the mail to my mom and dad today. Thanks :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PamB8s
    :-) I think I will print that and put it in the mail to my mom and dad today. Thanks :)
    I made my Mom a Mother's Day card one year with this and she still has it and cries everytime she reads it.

Blog Entries
    What a lovely and beautifully written reminder :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    Love it, thanks

Banned
    Liberty Hill - Central TEXAS Hill Country
    So very true - They DO watch us so very carefully. We never know what will sprout from the "seeds" we are sowing - beautiful flowers or bad weeds. :lol:

My ex son in law sent that to me last Mother's Day. He's still very special to me.

Blog Entries
    great reminder for us because little ears hear and eyes are watching everythihng you do. any more quilt pictures?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast