Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Where To Buy Ink ?

Blog Entries

Where To Buy Ink ?

My HP printer is getting low on black ink.Does anyone know of a place with good price & low shipping cost? TIA
    Pat C

I think Sam's has the best price with no shipping cost.

The only way I'll drop 10 pounds is to go shopping in England. - Maxine-

Blog Entries
    I usually purchase ink refills from Amazon now.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Amazon.com or HP.com
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

I buy my ink at Staples or on Amazon. My printer uses 5 cartridges and runs me about 50 dollars every three or four months.

Be careful with the refurbished ink cartridges, the little chip that tells the printer how much ink is inside usually is never replaced. They can rupture in the printer and cause a big huge mess.
    I have had good luck with a generic type of cartridge before.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

funny, there is an ad at the top of the page for inkgrabber.com, LOL
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wraez View Post
    funny, there is an ad at the top of the page for inkgrabber.com, LOL
    For me, there is an ad for inkfarm.com. :-)

No ads for me!! (thanks Adblocker!!)

I have had good luck with ebay. prices are WAY lower and shipping is low or free.

Blog Entries
    I have a new HP printer. I thought the older was expensive to keep inked up, so I went to Walgreen's (against our son's (the TI) statement about not changing ink that the printer came with. I did. First off, Walgreen's refills are smaller, black isn't too bad, color is awful. So when I got my new printer it has thenew individual colors - red, yellow and blue and then a larger black. Well, heck, it is just as expensive, but it works. And as #1 son says, Cartridges are made for the brand of printer you have. If you use a different ink that is put into the cartridge, it will not work as well and down the road a piece, it will probably ruin your printer. Guess what????? It did! So being that my computer and printer are both HP's, I am sticking with the HP ink. I learned the hard way, I don't trust what does not belong in the printer as far as ink is concerned.

Sorry, but forewarned is forearmed - Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edie View Post
    I have a new HP printer. I thought the older was expensive to keep inked up, so I went to Walgreen's (against our son's (the TI) statement about not changing ink that the printer came with. I did. First off, Walgreen's refills are smaller, black isn't too bad, color is awful. So when I got my new printer it has thenew individual colors - red, yellow and blue and then a larger black. Well, heck, it is just as expensive, but it works. And as #1 son says, Cartridges are made for the brand of printer you have. If you use a different ink that is put into the cartridge, it will not work as well and down the road a piece, it will probably ruin your printer. Guess what????? It did! So being that my computer and printer are both HP's, I am sticking with the HP ink. I learned the hard way, I don't trust what does not belong in the printer as far as ink is concerned.

Sorry, but forewarned is forearmed - Edie
    I used to agree with you. I too work in the IT (not TI) field and we have litterly thousands of printers here at the hospitals; some toners are replaced by the companies that we have service contracts with and then the deskjets are refilled at Rapid Refill. We've been using them for yrs without any problems. I've also been using them for about 5 yrs on my HP and save lots of money. I've never had any issues and Rapid Refil stands behind thier product and would take care of my printer should a problem arise. I do know that places like Walgreens, etc don't always have qualified, skilled people refilling the cartriges so that may be where at least part of the problem lies. I buy the large toners for my HP all in one which are normally over 45, even on the Navy base and I pay 19 at Rapid Refill.
    Judy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast