Where did they go?????

Old 06-25-2011, 05:11 AM

I hope kitty is ok.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:20 AM

There have been coyotes in Chicago - can't get much less rural than that.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:31 AM

A local hunter in our area who is always tracking coyotes told me that unfortunately cats are a coyote's favourite food. Coyote droppings that have been analyzed locally have all contained cat components. They will also grab small dogs and I won't let my Cavalier (only 14 lbs) out by herself ever. Last summer a coyote was out by my garbage barrel on the edge of my yard way too close to my house.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by marknfran
About 5 weeks ago our kitty took off and have been worried about him since....figured he is living the life with another family. Then 2 weeks ago we noticed all the woodchucks have left the area and now three days have passed since we saw any of our squirrels. What is going on???? Outside of the deer showing up (and a lot less of them) we have no animals anymore around around place...we live in the country.
And then, when we got home today we saw an eagle flying over our place, just coasting around above the trees. OH, Oh,
I bet that is why!!! All the animals are hiding.....or are dead. Hope my kitty is okay!!!!
WILDLIFE IS COMING BACK!! Have not seen our kitty, but the other wildlife is coming back. Mark saw a couple of owls a week ago; one at night sweeped down and picked up something on the ground (possibly a mouse). We have seen squirrels, gophers, quail, birds, turkeys and lots of magpies....even a ferral cat...but not our pet kitty. See the momma turkeys and 14 babies.

Momma turkeys and babies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]229761[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-229755.jpe  
Old 07-22-2011, 07:04 AM

Coyotes will definitely take kitties, right out of your yard. They've decimated my cat population down from 25+ to just one sweet old spayed mama. She's too smart for them I guess.

But don't discount the eagle either. They're big enough to carry away a cat, squirrel, or woodchuck easily.