Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Where have all the bloggers gone? >

Where have all the bloggers gone?

Where have all the bloggers gone?

Old 01-08-2017, 12:47 AM

Default Where have all the bloggers gone?

About half the blogs I used to follow have stopped publishing/posting. What gives? Some even disappeared in the middle of a series. Some I have emailed and received a reply that all is fine but I still miss the points of view and information.
On the upside ... now I have time to quilt and clean and scrapbook...
Old 01-08-2017, 02:50 AM

same here i use to follow a few i do believe they are going to instagram and or whatever new social media turns up, i don't follow any of that i have face book and follow some quilting groups but thats it.............lol i understand the upside!!!
Old 01-08-2017, 02:58 AM

Too much time to keep up, life gets in the way, huge commitment, kids, parents, etc. Do they work a full time job? Lots of reasons to stop blogging. Hobby vs income producing blog? I don't follow too many blogs...I mostly bounce around.

sandy
Old 01-08-2017, 06:38 AM
Power Poster

Some have moved to Facebook but unless they are computer savvy enough to have good income from adds, they don't keep them up.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:44 AM

I will go to one if referenced from here or Pinterest-but most of them are either old, no longer there, or so very self centered....I don't get...I,I,I or me, me, me...I stopped keeping a diary when I graduated high school, but looks like some adults still like to talk about themselves, but now to the whole world! Same with some of the YouTube videos...I now only go to bonafide sites of professionals for information.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:43 AM

I think as mentioned by Mandyrose that they are moving to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter...I think it's faster to post there, although (for me) less enjoyable to read.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

I am glad you asked because I thought it was just me. I enjoy reading blogs but so many have left us. I use to get a lot of good info. from them. Hope someone starts doing it again soon.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:36 PM

one blog i enjoyed recently dissapeared ..i wrote her and she said she had dropped her blog & only posted on facebook now. how sad ..i don't do facebook and don't plan to start anytime soon. fb is just too invasive, too buggy & taking over all the internet things i've learned to enjoy & love over the years ..like the messaging programs. i don't think that one internet entity needs or should be allowed to control all the popular activities people enjoy on the internet. but, happily, for every blogger who has opted for the frillyness of instagram, pinterest or facebook ...there many more blogs that are still going strong, posting great tutes & ideas. it's expensive to keep a dot com site going & the freebie webhosting sites are sometimes very difficult to understand or manage ..so i do understand the escape to other formats, but ..i'm still not joining fb, insta or anything just so i can play online w old faves ..there's lots & lots of other places to love still going strong!
Old 01-08-2017, 01:55 PM

I'm not a social media butterfly either...just this, Pinterest rarely, or search engine if I'm really looking for something.....The few blogs I did read were dated...probably not active ad I did not pursue timely posts....just some referred from Pinterest....guess I'm missing some stuff huh?
Old 01-09-2017, 11:38 PM

I have a blog page on my website and it gets time consuming--I use Angela Walter's business suggestions and get a post out about once a month--but have found to get readers you have to also hit the other social media sites--just broke down and got FB. But I only post quilt business stuff except to my kids--my private business is private! LOL