Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: White Gloves

Does anyone know where to find opera length, light weight white gloves. I am so allergic to dust and can't seem to control it in my house. Was thinking if i had long white gloves it would help. Tried long sleeves and short gloves too hot even with air conditioning and dust still landed on my wrists. Itchy, Itchy. Have found short gloves for handling microfilm, etc. Have to be inexpensive. Have looked at numerous estates sales, garage sales etc. Have to be 100% cotton.

Have you tried a costume shop?

Also try doing a search online or ebay...

Blog Entries
    funny, when i pulled up your post, there was an ad for 'gloves that impress'. google does a good job with the ads.

I just googled long white gloves and lots of places came up from costume to industrial suppy. You should have no problem locating some.

A local bridal shop should also be able to help you...Naomi
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Sorry to tell you but the dust is caused by the cutting of fabric. Can you hire/buy an air purifier. Maybe if your doctor could write a letter you could get a discount.
    As for the gloves what about making a cotton extension for the short white gloves. Make a casing and add elastic to keep them up the top of your arms. Kind of like a bag dispenser. You could make them loose and they wouldn't be as hot as opera gloves. Good luck which ever way you go.

Blog Entries
    how about making a pair of sleeves that you could pull on and then put a cheap pair of gloves over top of them; then when the gloves wore out you could just replace them. I would probably look for black gloves though if its for cleaning and not inspecting

You might try a formal wear shop or look online for someplace that sells formal wear. Chances are they will be able to help you.

I would look at Clare's, or any where people could buy formal wear. Antique stores also might have some. Let me look in my stash to see what I have. I was going to make a "hand" crazy quilt hanging and I might have some long gloves. I will PM you if I find them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast