Who has the money?

Old 12-28-2010, 02:13 PM

We are not poor or broke by any stretch of the imagination. But, I do try to get my kids what they want at Christmas and birthdays. We rarely spend much on luxury items at other times of the year. So my question is this: Do you spend a lot of money at after Christmas sales? I am always amazed at those who do, I guess if we had a whole lot of fun money I would spend too. It just surprises me that with this bad economy there is so much talk of after Christmas sales and shopping. What do you do?
Old 12-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Cyn

I don't spend anything we don't have, hate crowded stores, but love sales when I do go out!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I don't do the after Christmas shopping. I can barely afford Christmas shopping. I know ppl who do and they couldn't figure out why I don't.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:18 PM

Well, we saved back a couple hundred dollars to buy new (energy saving) LED lights and solar lights at half off after Christmas. We're calling it "saving money" on the electric bill next year.

And, our cat broke our fake tree, so we bought a new (fake) tree.

And I bought myself 2 new sweaters, because I deserve it. And, because DH likes to keep the heat @ 68. :lol:

And, a few rolls of half off Christmas Wrap. We were actually getting low, lol!

SO, no we didn't spend much but we DID plan for it. Other than that, I'm happy. Don't need much.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:20 PM

I set a little aside this year for the after christmas sale, I needed new bras... badly!! (I also took a little detour to Joanne's). I love after christmas sales for necessities but no big splurges here either.

I generally go out to a couple of stores for the after-xmas sales. This year I bought a new tree skirt & some garlands.

I will generally go for some of the clothing stuff if I spot it. Other than that I don't worry about it.
Administrator

when he was a teenager i offered my son a choice. he could:

(1) get stuck with stuff i bought that he might not like
(2) get money on christmas to spend during the after-sales. he did the math and took the cash.

down, down, down went the stress level. ;-)
Old 12-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Banned

Actually I hardly ever hit the after Christmas sales...we live in a small town with only a wal-mart..and since there is no competition..they hardly have any sales. I don't need any CHristmas decorations...so I avoid the stores. PLus I already spent so much before Christmas! LOL
Old 12-28-2010, 02:24 PM

i don't spend a lot on after Christmas sales, but i usually find a roll of wrapping paper i like and sometimes and ornament for one of next years packages. I usually buy a fruitcake too LOL, i know most hate it, but i LOVE it!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:25 PM

I have to return 2 items...so will spend that money at the store...will get a new purse, since that is something that I will need by spring. Maybe some new undies if they are on sale.

We bought a string of those new lights that are 90% cheaper to run...they are VERY bright and we will probably buy more of those.