Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Who knows Twitter? Teach me to Tweet! >

Who knows Twitter? Teach me to Tweet!

Who knows Twitter? Teach me to Tweet!

Old 10-05-2015, 08:54 AM

Default Who knows Twitter? Teach me to Tweet!

I just don't get Twitter. And my 17 year marriage may not survive my husband trying to teach me!
Now, I'm a fairly decent geek. I can Facebook, upload photos, eBay, etsy, Amazon. I even have a graphic design program that I self-taught. I know what a bezier line curve is and how to manipulate it, work with layers, add text, files, and photos. I can turn stuff into multi page PDFs and edit them.

Why dont I get Twitter????
Any help is gratefully appreciated.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:00 AM

I don't know how to Tweet either! And I also don't know most of the stuff you talk about in your into! I eBay and Facebook, but would really love to learn all the graphics stuff! Maybe when I retire I'll have more time to learn.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

Ha, ha. I don't twitter, facebook or even text. Seems like I will have to give in and put texting option back on my phone, then figure out how to do it. Electronics, grrrrr. Sorry, no help from me.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:31 PM

Nope....sorry no help here! I Facebook, very rarely text, and most of my phone calls go to voice mail...I just never hear my phone ring!!
Old 10-05-2015, 07:00 PM

You are lightyears ahead of me. There is a number of character limit with twitter as well as everything preceded by the pound sign - sorry - can't find the correct character on this keyboard! Other than that I am no help. Good luck!
Old 10-06-2015, 02:48 AM

I have a Twitter account but I don't tweet. I do follow subjects and people that I am interested in. Example: i follow political pundits and candidates, fav news show, elections, American Idol during finals, etc. Also quilting personalities and fav brands. Do I get on Twitter daily. Nah. Way too much info to even begin to absorb. Once you open your account, do a "search" for what you are interested in following and click....Follow. Easy.

sandy
Old 10-06-2015, 02:59 AM

Well, I was hoping someone would explain it also because I don't know what it is either. I can do fb and easy stuff. I'll keep watching. Haha glad to know I'm not alone!! My kids would roll the eyes and laugh!!
Old 10-06-2015, 03:23 AM

"Twitter" is way beyond me. I still have a flip phone that I have trouble deleting old/missed calls.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:18 AM

I wish I knew half of the computer things you do. I've been trying to get my embroidery files organized; two friends sort of took it over to help. I've since found that things are duplicated all over the place. I have PED software for my Brother machine and believe I'll have to go back to where I bought it to see if they can help me. I do have a maintainence contract with the Geek Squad for my laptop but don't know if they could help.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:32 AM

When all else fails, ask your kids for help, or grandkids. If they laugh at you, remind THEM who taught them to eat with a spoon LOL!!