Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 27 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Who remembers S&H green stamps

Today's post about chenille bedspreads reminded me of the one I had in my room when I was a teenager. Mother got it with S&H Green Stamps (trading stamps). You could get all kinds of things with trading stamps, ranging from toys to linens, to cookware, dishes, lamps, furniture, most anything. After I married and moved to Dallas, we also got Gold Bond stamps and Top Value stamps. My daughter still uses a table lamp that my husband and I got with trading stamps shortly after we were married, and I have several pieces of Revere Ware cookware. In fact my kitchen would have been kind of sparsely furnished back then had it not been for those stamps!

omg... Yes... my mother saved those green stamps
    I wish they still gave S&H green stamps ... we could buy things with them and it was almost like getting stuff free...

LOL I remember all of the ones you listed. :shock: Oh no I am old. LOL

Oh, yes do I remember S & H stamps. We would go out of the stores with rolls and rolls of stamps. You couldn't wait until that book was filled. And yes I bought many of items for the house with these stamps. Oh the memories--

Blog Entries
    yes, I remember them when I was home (mom would use them all the time) boy that brings back memories

Quote Originally Posted by countrycottage
    Today's post about chenille bedspreads reminded me of the one I had in my room when I was a teenager. Mother got it with S&H Green Stamps (trading stamps). You could get all kinds of things with trading stamps, ranging from toys to linens, to cookware, dishes, lamps, furniture, most anything. After I married and moved to Dallas, we also got Gold Bond stamps and Top Value stamps. My daughter still uses a table lamp that my husband and I got with trading stamps shortly after we were married, and I have several pieces of Revere Ware cookware. In fact my kitchen would have been kind of sparsely furnished back then had it not been for those stamps!

Blog Entries
    Oh, yes, I remember S&H green stamps. And Top Value. Back then you had to "lick" them to put them in the books (or wet with something). We got the greatest things with them!

Yes...I remember mom getting them. I would always fill the books for her. Those and yellow stamps too....

Blog Entries
    I remember and blue chip stamps

My Mom saved Green Stamps and yellow Top Value stamps. We got all kinds of suff with them. The one I remember most was a Sunburst clock. My Mother loved that clock.

I remember buying a clock after we were married that we kept for years. Mostly I remember how bad they tasted when we licked them to glue them in. Too impatient to wait to get a sponge or wet cloth!

Page 1 of 27 1 2 11 ... LastLast