Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Why did I not quit while still ahead? >

Why did I not quit while still ahead?

Why did I not quit while still ahead?

Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 AM

I was so thrilled to finish my Snake River Log Cabin which was a challenge for my pea brain and tremors. So what do I do? I start a Victorian Cabin which is not too tremor friendly. I sometimes zig when I should zag. Oh well, I am thankful I have two hands to shake. My husband thinks I am losing my mind when he hears me talking to my hands to get them to settle down and cooperate. Just gotta know I LOVE to quilt. Anyone know of a pattern with 36 inch squares? Lol. Maybe that will be doable.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:07 AM

I'd love to see your project...... and I love to hear the passion you have for quilting. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:07 AM

Keep quilting, most of your zags won't show to other people. Enjoy. BTW I LOVE your avatar, the border is spectactular. Is this a pattern? or did you design it yourself? Have you posted a full picture of it? If not, I would love to see it.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:19 AM

In case anyone else is interested in the Snake River quilt, you need to go to www.judymartin.com and see the correction she posted. It applies to the first printing. I love everything Judy does and once in awhile mistakes happen. Ive never encountered a problem with any of her patterns.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
Keep quilting, most of your zags won't show to other people. Enjoy. BTW I LOVE your avatar, the border is spectactular. Is this a pattern? or did you design it yourself? Have you posted a full picture of it? If not, I would love to see it.
Ditto. Looks like a masterpiece! Would love to see a big picture or two or three of it.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:28 AM

I say keep on quilting no matter what. I know that it helps me keep my sanity and it sounds like its a great love for you too!
Old 07-27-2011, 06:32 AM

Thank you Polly,
Yes, I have posted a picture. And no I did not design the border. I am not good at designing anything. I just have to follow a pattern. I have EQ6 but can not use it. You would think after working with computers for years I could figure it out.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:35 AM
Power Poster

i'd love to see it too.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:01 AM

If you zig at the same place on every block it becomes a design decision.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:12 AM

You could do larger blocks maybe that would help. :) I can't imagine. I love to quilt too but just don't get the time most days.