Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Why do I go shopping? It's his fault. >

Why do I go shopping? It's his fault.

Why do I go shopping? It's his fault.

Old 01-12-2014, 11:54 AM

My gosh - what a wonderful and thoughtful husband you have. I would probably faint if mine suggested such a thing.
Old 01-12-2014, 01:32 PM

wow, that does NOT sound like the Fabricland we have not so close to me. I was hoping for a new Quilt store.
In the last 2 years there have been 5 stores closed sort of around me. I was hoping for one to try out.
The internet is killing them all. I had one store owner say that she has had people in classes order their fabric online while right in the class in the store.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:47 AM

WOW quilter1, great score! Yes, please show us what you got.....
Old 01-13-2014, 06:30 AM

...At least you had a plan for some of it! Thats better than I can say most of the time!
Old 01-13-2014, 06:37 AM

Wow! 28 yards of new fabric!!! Do you think he knew what he was getting into when he suggested going in? I made a self pact to not purchase any new fabric until I've finished all my UFO's. In all honesty I probably shouldn't purchase any new fabric until there's space for it! Good luck finding space for all your new fabric! With regards to DH, you've got a keeper there for sure!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:21 AM
Power Poster

Sounds wonderful!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:28 AM

WOW that is one heck of a sale! Our LQS had one over the weekend buy 5 yds and get 5 free - I stayed away because I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:50 AM

Recently DH and I were in Goodwill and we were rushing through as had to be somewhere (ran in to look for a coat for him as he left his at work and it was the weekend) Well, in our running through I spotted a bin with bolts of decorating fabric and these bolts were taller than me! I stopped so fast I almost tripped and DH did bump into me. Not a day has gone by since, when he sees me with fabric at home, he doesn't tease me by imitating me when I saw the bolts of fabric, all dreamy, breathless sort of voice, "Ooooh, bolts of fabric". He says I "fondled" the fabric so intently that he wants to be a bolt of fabric! You know the suggestions years ago, to spice things up, about meeting your DH at the door wrapped in nothing but saran wrap? I have expect to come home someday with him wrapped as a bolt of fabric!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:27 AM

What a nice guy!!

My husband thinks I have a fever if I don't need to go into a fabric store at least once a week...