Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Why do I go shopping? It's his fault. >

Why do I go shopping? It's his fault.

Why do I go shopping? It's his fault.

Old 01-11-2014, 01:57 PM

Default Why do I go shopping? It's his fault.

I am still learning how to get around new cities since we moved from Toronto in August. Today my DH and I went to arrange service and setup for his snooker table. On the way home, he was taking a new route for me, and we went past a new-to-me fabric store. He is an enabler! In we went at his suggestion.
They had a sale of course- buy 1 yard and get 2 yards free. Home I came with 4 large pieces of quilting fabric.
12 yards of beautiful Robert Kaufman print in 2 color ways, 8 yards of a funky print to make a cover for the snooker table and 8 yards of a simple but pretty Christmas print from Marcus fabrics Old Sturbridge collection. I don't need another inch of fabric. Hope I can find room in my cabinet for these new additions.
Guess I just have to blame DH.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:14 PM

There was a plan in his enabling you. A cover for his snooker table. LOL He does sound like a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

sounds good to me!!!!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:23 PM

so where is this quilt shop.....I go to TO at least once a year and I`m always looking for new places to visit.....hubbys can be awesome enablers right? lol
Originally Posted by quilter1 View Post
I am still learning how to get around new cities since we moved from Toronto in August. Today my DH and I went to arrange service and setup for his snooker table. On the way home, he was taking a new route for me, and we went past a new-to-me fabric store. He is an enabler! In we went at his suggestion.
They had a sale of course- buy 1 yard and get 2 yards free. Home I came with 4 large pieces of quilting fabric.
12 yards of beautiful Robert Kaufman print in 2 color ways, 8 yards of a funky print to make a cover for the snooker table and 8 yards of a simple but pretty Christmas print from Marcus fabrics Old Sturbridge collection. I don't need another inch of fabric. Hope I can find room in my cabinet for these new additions.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
so where is this quilt shop.....I go to TO at least once a year and I`m always looking for new places to visit.....hubbys can be awesome enablers right? lol
It was Fabricland in Kitchener! They had a great selection of quilting fabric and supplies. This was my first visit to that location.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:56 PM

ahhhh ty...all Fabriclands are not the same...I will drop in if I go that way....
It was Fabricland in Kitchener! They had a great selection of quilting fabric and supplies. This was my first visit to that location.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by huntannette View Post
ahhhh ty...all Fabriclands are not the same...I will drop in if I go that way....
HuntAnnette ... Thanks for getting the scoop ... and ITA all Fabriclands are not created equal!
Obviously, their sales are not either ........... I was in Orangeville and Guelph FLand's this week, and neither had a sale like that! I am sure neither had any Kaufman fabric ... nor did they have much Christmas fabric.

Will have to check out Kitchener sometime ... when I go that way??

Quilter1 ... good to know you are getting settled into your new area and finding all the "important" places to haunt!
Old 01-12-2014, 04:38 AM

Curse those enablers!! Mine searches out the sales.
Love'm
MaryKatherine
Old 01-12-2014, 09:21 AM

Oh I would love to see the Kaufman fabric, can you share photos?

Nice to have an enabling hubby .... plus he can carry heavy packages!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:08 AM

My Hubby is an enabler, in his own way. We only have one small LQS in the town nearest us(we live on a farm). We do some shopping and business in a larger town about 100 miles away and after our errands are done, he always asks....."Do you need to stop at ...quilt shop?" ...or..."Do you want to go to JoAnn's?" He hates to go in and shop in almost any store so he sits in the vehicle and plays with Iphone aps or naps. (AND never complains about time or money spent!! Ain't he sweet!) He does know that I am the one who is most cautious about spending.