Why do things get moved.

Old 09-04-2010, 01:53 PM

If you post different topics in personal, does it all get moved to just the first topic you ever posted to personal even if they are not related at all to each other. I posted last night about my Mal going to the vet and finding out he had cancer and we where going to have to put him to sleep on Tuesday. We had to do it today, and I went to post to that topic, and found it mixed up with two total different topics I had posted in the personal that were not related but had been put together. One was about my Bichon getting lost and the other was family related. So now there is three totally unrelated topics in one. I am probably asking this question in the wrong spot, but was not sure where else.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:03 PM

I cannot answer your question. but my heart goes out to you having to have your animal put to sleep.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:08 PM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear about your pet, it must be very distressing.

Most of us who use the PDA section tend to keep one diary, and put all our news and thoughts into that one. You can change the heading to let people know that you are now writing about a different subject within your diary. If you do that it's helpful to put the page number on the new heading so that people can find where you started talking about a new subject.

If you keep to the one diary, then all your friends will be able to find you more easily, at least, that is what works for me.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:17 PM

So Sorry about your pet. I have done that and it's just horrible. I hope you can smile soon!
Old 09-04-2010, 02:57 PM

I don't know why some topics get moved to diary or personal and others don't. I never write anything in the diary/personal section, yet one of my posts about going to the doctor was moved there.
I have seen others post about going to the doctor and it didn't get moved. Why your post was moved is beyond me. I guess it is at the discretion of the moderators....Maybe they will enlighten us on the subject! :D
Old 09-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Power Poster

SO sorry about your pet. That so sad!
Old 09-04-2010, 03:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by CarrieAnne
SO sorry about your pet. That so sad!
This is the way I feel also. I have been through it several times. I had to do this with my Chesepeake about 6 months ago(she was around 15). It is still really hard to deal with it.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Administrator

If you are talking about PDA, then most likely posts from your new topic were added to the end of your previous topic. You should only maintain one topic in the PDA and update the title to reflect the most current events.

Having one topic in the PDA makes it easier for people who want to follow along because once it's in their watch lists they will always be notified whenever you add new posts.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:15 PM
Power Poster

I think the reason why some topics get moved to the PDA section or merged with an existing PDA is that the general tone of the message is negative or sad or personal. We had a long discussion about this a while ago and that is where this decision was made by Admin and the moderators.

For a while it got very morbid with all the personal tragedies and the PDA section is set up to post personal "stuff." General Chit Chat is set up for positive topics or topics that potentially affect everyone.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Admin
If you are talking about PDA, then most likely posts from your new topic were added to the end of your previous topic. You should only maintain one topic in the PDA and update the title to reflect the most current events.

Having one topic in the PDA makes it easier for people who want to follow along because once it's in their watch lists they will always be notified whenever you add new posts.
Thank you very much. I am new at message board, in fact this is the only one I have ever done, and love it. I just did not get the concept of the PDA, just thought it was like the General Chit Chat.