Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Parents Drink

Why Parents Drink

Why Parents Drink

The boss wondered why one of his most valued employees was absent but had not phoned in sick. So he dialed the employee's home phone number and was greeted with a child's whisper. 'Hello ?'

'Is your daddy home?''Yes, he's out in the garden,' whispered the small voice.'

May I talk with him?' The child whispered, 'No.' ; So the boss asked, 'Well, is your Mommy there?' 'Yes, she's out in the garden too'& The boss asked; 'May I talk with her?' Again the small voice whispered, 'No.'

Hoping there was somebody with whom he could leave a message, the boss asked, 'Is anybody else there?''Yes ,' whispered the child, 'a policeman.'Wondering what a cop would be doing at his employee's home, the boss asked, 'May I speak with the policeman?' 'No, he's busy ,

' whispered the child. 'Busy doing what?' ' Talking to Daddy and Mommy and the police dog men. ' Growing more worried as he heard a loud noise in the background, the boss asked, 'What is that noise?' 'It's a helicopter' answered the whispering voice.

'What is going on there?' demanded the boss, now truly apprehensive.'The search team just landed a helicopter' 'A search team?' said the boss.

'What are they searching for?'

Still whispering, the young voice replied with a muffled giggle...'ME'
    =
    I quilt, therefore I am.

Oh my, too funny!
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Thanks Ditter!!!
    Mary

That is hilarious. I had 3 boys and each one of them hid from me once each. LOL Thank goodness I never had to call the police but it sure scared me.

Too funny!

My question is - why not? It's fun. Your text is funny though.

i love it. cute.

Loving life in the sun ! With sunscreen on of course ...
    how funny !! and probably so true for someone !LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Oh yes my youngest once did this to me. He left a note saying I was too mean and he was leaving forever. I had tried to make him clean his room you see. Anyway he then hid in the closet, I spent my last dime on gas for the car searching the neighborhood and finally called the police. As they were taking the information, he came out of the closet, rubbing his eyes and said...I fell asleep.... oh my it took all my will power not to start strangling him in front of the cop. As soon as the police left I gave him THE LOOK and threatened a life time of doom...and no he did not clean his room. Sigh...he is now the father of three boys, one still at home and none of them cleaned their room.
    two simple rules for success
    1. Show up.
    2. Pay attention.
    One simple rule for happiness
    1. Kindness counts.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by kellen46 View Post
    Oh yes my youngest once did this to me. He left a note saying I was too mean and he was leaving forever. I had tried to make him clean his room you see. Anyway he then hid in the closet, I spent my last dime on gas for the car searching the neighborhood and finally called the police. As they were taking the information, he came out of the closet, rubbing his eyes and said...I fell asleep.... oh my it took all my will power not to start strangling him in front of the cop. As soon as the police left I gave him THE LOOK and threatened a life time of doom...and no he did not clean his room. Sigh...he is now the father of three boys, one still at home and none of them cleaned their room.
    Can't beat that story, LOL!!

But, once my brother fell asleep UNDER his bed and woke 3 hours later when the whole neighborhood, the police, the radio station, and CB'ers were all involved in looking for him. My poor Mother. Daddy was *always* out of town when he was needed.

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Blog Entries
    My brother did that too, only fell asleep in a closet, everyone was looking for him. Finially woke up and come out to join everyone to see what was going on. He was about six I think. This definitely brought back good memories to giggle at. Look forward to your little funnies, Ditter. Thanks and God bless.
    My stash keeps me in stitches!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast