Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
A Women's Life------Full Cycle >

A Women's Life------Full Cycle

A Women's Life------Full Cycle

Old 11-02-2011, 01:00 PM

Default A Women's Life------Full Cycle

When we are born into this world many of us are bald; as babies we develop rounded little potbellies and as we find our legs and learn to walk we are unsteady on our feet as we try not to fall in attempting to catch up with our older siblings, the dog or family cat. Everyone thinks that we are just adorable; they want to pinch, kiss or blow on our adorable rounded and pudgy bellies making noise as we giggle. They laugh at our antics when we fall and we love all the attention and feel very much loved.

Now we are young expectant mothers, great with child; everyone adores our rounded protruding stomachs and even strangers show us attention and want to reach out and touch our bellies in the hopes of feeling the unborn child within us. Once again we have a funny unsteady gait to our walk and people notice us and think that we are beautiful with a true glow. We love the attention and feel their love.

Now fast forward to the “autumn” of our lives. Some of us suffer from balding, we have thickened around our waists once again and we find ourselves unsteady on our feet as we try not to fall in the attempt to keep up with our children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. However, this time we are not thought of as being adorable or beautiful, not many pay attention or even notice us as we pass by, and all too often we feel lonely, forgotten or unloved as our children and grandchildren have all become too busy with their own lives to have time to remember to call or visit us.

Thus is the cycle in life….so next time you see an elderly person, make sure you notice and say hello, open the door for them and strike up an attentive conversation …..Life is too short and all too soon we will all progress through the cycles of life.

God bless all women everywhere and the mothers of children that once again begin the cycle of life.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:14 PM

I belong to a Senior Center in Council Bluffs, Iowa, and I know what you mean. I am also unsure of my walking and have a belly, I am 59 yoa and I volunteer as much as I can, I always try to treat everyone as if they are the most important people in my life (because I want to be treated the same way). I have noticed that if you give joy all you will receive back is joy.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:53 PM

I love It!!!!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:44 PM

Such true words. I for 1 get busy and caught up un my own life and forget to call my parents. Thankfully if I haven't called them, they call me. They are busy people too. (73 and 75 yrs.old) They wear me out.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:53 PM

Thanks for sharing this.
I get privilege to work with the elderly and I love it! A five minute conversation means the world to them. Everyday I go to work and learn something new. My job is not easy I don't do it for the pay but.... did I mention that I love it! <3
Old 11-03-2011, 04:59 PM

That is very true. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:08 PM

Very true. My Father moved in with me last year and I have since discovered that older people are invisible to almost everyone.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:25 PM

I've found that everyone can impart some wisdom to us no matter who they are. The elders have the most to share. It's call life experience.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:27 PM

Well said! Amen.