Won the M&M sweepstakes

Old 05-16-2011, 06:15 AM

Now, for the rest of story:

Every once in a while, I buy a bag of M&M’s. Not often, but occasionally. They are currently running an ‘instant’ sweepstakes where you find out right away by looking on the inside of the wrapper. The grand prize is $100,000. I thought, wouldn’t it just be a blast if I won, considering this is a just a whim and not something I buy all the time.

So a few days later, after eating a handful of candy, I remembered the contest. I peered inside the bag and thought I saw the word “Congratulations!” It was hard to see since the inside of the bag is very glossy, and the ink was yellow. So, I poured all the M&M’s into a bowl and carefully cut open the wrapper. Yes, it did say “Congratulations! You are a winner.” My heart did a little somersault.

Instructions: dial the phone number here, enter the 15 digit code also printed here. So I dialed the number, got it wrong (it was an adult entertainment phone number) and redialed. After my code was verified, they gave me another prize code with the instructions to go online and enter the second prize code. So I went on line, had to enter my name, address, phone number, email address, and prize code.

Only then was I told that my prize was a single serving bag of M&M’s, and exactly 1, 725,000 of these single serving bags will be given away. Yes, there is a grand prize of 100,000, but some of the other prizes are: M & M tee shirt, M& M travel mug, and M& M guitar, none of which even remotely appeals to me. So, I felt a little duped because I do not typically like to enter so much personal information and then be on a big mailing list, especially with my email address. I’m not complaining: just wanted to pass along the information to all of you here on some of the details involved in this contest.
;)
Old 05-16-2011, 06:49 AM

Darn!! Still, I bet your heart was pounding!! :wink:
Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 AM

I have recently won 4 boxes of Toaster Strudel, a Dentyne T-shirt, and a Stouffer's soup and sandwich combo. All from online contests. You have to spend a lot of time entering and I decided it is not worth it.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:52 AM

Pepsi had a thing going years back where if you had numbers on the bottom of the inside of the can you won that amount of cash. Well my sister drank the can, saw 20,000 on the bottom on the inside.....she drank it 3 days too late. That was a real bummer.