a wonderful gift.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:31 AM

oh ladies I was just visited by an angel today. I am already starting to tear up just thinking about this.
I was out with my kids today at the thrift shops looking for costume jewelry or scarves and stuff for a birthday present for a little girl at our mommy play group. well I had had a little trouble getting my car started and was getting worried. (I was in desperate need of an oil change, had been almost 6000 miles since the last.) I have been trying to make it to payday next week, but because I was having trouble starting my car it just freeked me out. I don't want to ruin my car because we don't have the money to replace it. well went to a church members oil change place and went in. We really don't have the money to change the oil yet, but i knew that i just had too change it. while I was waiting for the oil change to get done I started talking to this wonderful lady who was there. don't know what she was waiting on because my car was the only one waiting for an oil change. one of the workers came in with my air filter and showed it to me and said that it needed to be changed because it was original and at the end of its life. I just thought "Oh God, what are we going to do, we don't really have the money for the oil change and I have to change the air filter too." this lady who was sitting there told the man to do it and she handed me $20 for it. It was going to be 15-20 to get ti changed. She said that God had put it into her heart to give me the $20 to change the air filter. I just want to cry tears of joy at how wonderful she was for doing this for us. I am on the verge of it just sharing this story with all of you guys. I think that this lady was an angel sent to us to help us out. God really does bless us when we least expect it and in some of the craziest ways. Sorry that this is so long but just had to share this.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

I agree! She was sent as an angel to help you! Makes me tear up just reading it.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Power Poster

She was an angel. They are all around us and there when we need them most.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:00 AM

How wonderful. I am having trouble reading it as well. I know what it's like to be in your position and have someone come along and help out! What a blessing for you!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Once in a while this does happen - and I also think this was an angel in disguise -

I loved the show "touched by an angel" - it almost made me a believer
Old 09-24-2010, 09:10 AM

I know God sends us the angels when He feels we need them the most. It has happened to me more than once.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:39 AM

I agree. She was definitely sent to you by God. HE knows what we need and HE sends others to help us out. Everyday I pray and ask God 'if anyone needs my help today, please give me the strength and ability to do what needs to be done so that YOU will be glorified'. It may be simply holding the door open for a person that is feeble. Or handing a few dollars to a homeless person. God is Good. Praise HIM.

I got chills reading you post.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:45 AM

What a beautiful testimony of God's love through His people! I'm so glad you accepted the gift this woman offered you. Many times we are too "proud" to accept help but believe me, there will come a time where God will use you to help the next person in your path.

Thank YOU for taking the time to share your blessing. I am blessed just by hearing about your blessing!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:04 AM

God is so good. He is always there to help us when we need it.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:07 AM

Let the tears flow, that was a wonderful thing. Today was the day to get your oil changed, not next week when you got a paycheck. You will sleep well tonight. God bless.