Wonky stuff

Old 10-19-2009, 02:29 PM
HMK

There must be something major happening in cyber space. Several sites that I check in on (craft related and the Red Hat Society main board) are all down and have been all weekend. This morning when I went to click the "close" button to shut down the Red Hat board (after checking to see if it was up & running yet), all h**l broke loose on my laptop. Things on the screen started jumping & shaking and having seizures and a gazillion and one things started opening along the bottom bar (not sure what that is called). Hope the planets align soon and things get back to normal - this gal is having to get "real"things accomplished since she can't spend all afternoon on the computer!!!!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

Yikes!!!!! How scary.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:57 PM

How is the Red Hat board, havent been on that yet. Hey to one red hat to another, how are ya.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:59 PM

I haven't noticed even a blip, so I wondered if you might have a virus. Went to check out the Red Hat Society website, and it's as you say. Some kind of SQL Server error. Who knows, maybe there was a Microsoft update (for SQL Server or something) that didn't work.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:17 PM
HMK

Nope... don't have a virus - my laptop is clean - updated scans have been done. It's not just me - lots of folks have been saying some of their forums are giving trouble and the Red Hat one has been down for 3 full days now. So have some of my card making & stamping sites.

Janedennis... once things are up & running again, you should check out the QMB on the Red Hat Society page - how long have you been a member?