wood laminate floor care

Old 11-15-2010, 02:48 PM

I bought a Hoover hard floor cleaner for my ceramic tile and hard wood floors. in love with it! I couldn't get the floors clean with the steam mop- the tiles are not smooth and I have beige grout (big mistake).

Worked great for the day I dropped a can of soda as I was trying to open the tab. Just sucked up the soda, then cleaned, then dry. No stickiness at all. DS was not as happy- I made him clean the sides of the couches where it sprayed all over.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

Reminded me that I have one of those Hoover Floormates and used it when we had the dog. It was the only thing short of hands and knees that got the dried drool up. Never harmed the laminate.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by grammiepamie
I have laminate floors and when we picked it out, we were told no water, no sweepers. So I use a dust mop and the mop (like a swiffer, and then a spray that Lowe's sells for laminate flooring. You spray it on and then scrub the floor. Only in a 4 x 4 area at a time. It cleans the floor and at the same time polishes it. It really looks good when it is done. It is much easier on my back than a vaccuum cleaner.
I have Pergo flooring in one of our rooms and clean it with a solution suggested on their site, a half gallon water with 1/2 cup of vinegar or ammonia added. I cut an old towel into pads to fit onto my swiffer, saturate the pad with the water soltion and clean away. I rinse and re soak the pad a few times until I'm satisfied the floor is clean. Will look for the spray cleaner that Lowe's sells, think my flooring could use a polishing. May in Jersey
Old 11-16-2010, 06:56 AM

I use Zep laminate floor cleaner, it cleans and polishes the floor and makes it look really nice! I buy the gallon size and just refill my spray bottle. I recently bought a Libman freedom mop, much like a Swiffer wet jet but with refillable bottle and washable mop pads...will be using the laminate floor cleaner in that from now on.
I would like a steam mop to clean the tile in my house, especially the kitchen and bathroom.