Word of warning!!!!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:52 AM

that would be horrible, but I had a glass of iced tea and picked it up to find a litle green tree frog about to "sip" my tea! end of that glass of iced tea - but left it in an open dish if he happened to want more! lol
Old 09-21-2011, 08:45 AM

I have a profound fear of bees, wasps, hornets, etc. Stems from a childhood incident. I will not drink from a soda can under any conditions, whether inside or outside. I will always pour my drink into a cup so I can see if there is any "undesireable" in it. Yikes!!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:33 AM

So glad you weren't stung. I'm allergic to bees too.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:42 AM

Wow, I see a bee around our deck I'm running inside I'm deathly allergic to them. I never drink directly out of any soda can I always use a straw so that might be my only saving grace. Glad you didn't get stung!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:23 AM

Dee I would have freaked! Glad you didn't get stung!

One time a friend told us that if we left wine cooler bottles with just a little bit of wine cooler left in them around the sides of the porch that it would attract all those nasty yellow jackets and that they would drown themselves in the bottles.
Seemed like a good idea at the time, so we did it.
Well that night we heard quite a ruckus going on. The next morning the bottles all had clawed off labels and were laying here and there all over the yard. The raccoons had themselves a party and must not have minded a bee or two in their beverages. :-D
Old 09-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Power Poster

Not bad, bad roda. I've done the same thing, laughed when someone fell on the ice, or like your husband with the swollen lip, I even laugh when I fall, for me it's a nervous reaction and I can't help it. Once a can of tuna fell on my toe from a height of about 2 feet and the can landed on the corner. I was hopping around, laughing, cursing, our puppy was hiding behind DH and when my DH saw the tears, he knew I was hurt badly.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:52 AM

my dad did that years ago and it stung him , his mouth was swollen for over a week !!!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:56 AM

Oh no! Glad you are OK. :D
Old 09-21-2011, 11:25 AM

I am very allergic to bees, more so since when we moved down here, I was stung the night before we moved by a wasp, and ended up having to stop in Gulfport for treatment. We made it down here, then I had to return to St. Louis on a turn around. I was walking thru the gangway between the houses and was attacked by three yellow jackets. YIKES! Being on the meds already helped, but OMG. Docs said to beware of the bees from then on, because they could be fatal.

So, of course we had a heavy bee infestation in the three big fir trees right in front of my front door. I couldn't leave the house by the front at all, and was in fear for my life. We called a bee keeper to see if he could come get them. He told us to get Dawn lemon dishsoap and put it in the lawn sprayer and spray the trees. We did, and the bees fell out and died. We hated to do it, but it was them or me.

I was driving thru town one day and two bees flew into the car window, right at me. I threw it in park and leaped out, lol. A nice man got them out for me. I really should carry an epipen.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:08 PM

Same goes for beer. :)