Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Word of warning!!!!

  1. #1
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,825
    Do not -- and I mean DO NOT leave your bottle of soda out on the deck and start drinking without looking at it!!!!! I'd left it open.....drank the last 2 swallows -- felt something kinda like something in the drink -- YIP - there was!!! a BEE!!!! YIKES!!! I'm semi-allergic to bees --would've been interesting to have been stung on my tongue or lip!!!! :shock: :shock:

  2. #2
    Super Member valsma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,625
    Dee.
    Glad you didn't get stung.
    Thought you knew better than that. Silly girl.

  3. #3
    Super Member KGoodhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    2,630
    Oh yes bee careful!!! If I am drinking from a can I flip the little tab around and for some reason they can not get in. :lol:

  4. #4
    Super Member amandasgramma's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    La Pine Oregon, USA
    Posts
    5,825
    Quote Originally Posted by valsma
    Dee.
    Glad you didn't get stung.
    Thought you knew better than that. Silly girl.
    LOL I'm surprised you didn't ask me what was IN the soda that caused me to be so dumb!!!!

  5. #5
    Super Member RenaB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,155
    I did that once and it is scary!!

  6. #6
    Super Member valsma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,625
    Quote Originally Posted by amandasgramma
    Quote Originally Posted by valsma
    Dee.
    Glad you didn't get stung.
    Thought you knew better than that. Silly girl.
    LOL I'm surprised you didn't ask me what was IN the soda that caused me to be so dumb!!!!
    Well I was going to save that for FB PM. LOL! :-D

    But now that you brought it up????????? :?:

  7. #7
    dd
    dd is offline
    Super Member dd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,398
    My husband did that once a long time ago at work. Luckily he is not allergic to bees. He actually swallowed the bee and was stung in the throat. Dr. asked if his throat was swelling shut, he said no so they told him to eat popsicles, lots of them to make sure it didn't swell. I found out after the fact. He is very careful now.

  8. #8
    Senior Member momcpo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    North Central West Virginia
    Posts
    668
    My husband did that also. Stung him on the lip, looked pretty funny.

  9. #9
    Senior Member roda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Okla
    Posts
    538
    DH did that but he wasnt lucky he got it on the lip. After the Cussing and scare and doctor he wouldn't talk to me I told him I was sorry but I couldn't help it after the doctor said he would be OK and he turned to me he looked so weird with those HUGE lips I giggled I know BAD BAD roda

  10. #10
    Senior Member tellabella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto Canada
    Posts
    993
    Blog Entries
    1
    My sister's brother-in-law has a neighbour whose brother died like this..he swallowed a wasp and it stung his throat...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.