Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The World Lost a Great Country Singer Today...

Blog Entries

The World Lost a Great Country Singer Today...

So sad that George Jones died today...great country singer and there's not a lot of the good ones left...that stuff they sing now a days..just a bunch of screaming and loud music...I love it when it sounds like country...and he was one of the best...

amen to that. country music is fading fast. rip mr. george jones
    ​debra

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I treated myself to a YouTube oldies concert this morning after I heard of his death. George Jones, Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn..... you can spend hours on YouTube with the greats.

So sad to hear of his passing. My favorite song of his is "He Stopped Loving Her Today" Always brings tears to my eyes. Rest in peace George, you will be greatly missed.

My Aunt liked him, perhaps they are sharing a beer on the other side right about now.

My Mom thought he had beady little eyes.....LOL
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

I listen to him on You Tube, as well....I will miss his "real" country music. To the "Possum", RIP.

So true, not too many "good/great" singers left, most of the "music" now is garbage as far as I'm concerned, that even includes the "modern" day "country. RIP George

I started listening to George Jones many years ago. They said yesterday on national news, he had been singing for over 5 decades, about when I started listening to him.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

loved him..so right about country music fading..but as long as we have George Strait, Allan Jackson and Asleep at the Wheel..we wil be fine..hopefully there are some singers out there who as George Jones put it in his song "Who's gone a fill his shoes" It does upset me when they call the noise and junk that is put out under the name of country music...it is'nt country...

When you heard George Jones sing, you knew immediately who it was - his voice was so individual and recognizable! So many of today's young singers sound the same. God bless you, George!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast