Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
worst  use of sewing scissors >

worst use of sewing scissors

worst use of sewing scissors

Old 08-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by scrappy happy
to clean fish lol
OMG! :roll:
Old 08-16-2011, 04:06 PM

My hubby took my little thread snips I was using while doing the binding on a quilt and proceeded to try to use them to CUT HIS TOENAILS!!!! I caught him before he could though!!! I just looked and said I don't think so!!! and got him the clippers!! Really!!! Could not believe it!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:08 PM

not only the scissors but my roter cutter gets used all of the time. real handy to cut things for tying flys with so my hubby thinks or his pictures that need a different size for a frame he has. lol he now has his own and it is a different color than mine. blessings to all ogama
Old 08-16-2011, 04:09 PM

My husband scissor-naps all the time, and by the time I track the scissors down, they are dull, dull, dull. I have a couple of pair that he is absolutely forbidden to touch - the others are the ones he's already ruined doing whatever he thought they might be useful for in the garage.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:34 PM

My husband needed to put a hole in a piece of poster board. I offered him my pointed embroidery scissors (just to make the hole, mind you). He refused saying 'I don't want to use your good scissors'. Bless him, he's a keeper!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by KGoodhand
My hubby took my little thread snips I was using while doing the binding on a quilt and proceeded to try to use them to CUT HIS TOENAILS!!!! I caught him before he could though!!! I just looked and said I don't think so!!! and got him the clippers!! Really!!! Could not believe it!!!
My baby brother did that with my mothers thread snips all the time! I wonder if she knew why they were so dull!!!
Old 08-16-2011, 04:39 PM

Shortly after I got my first pair of Ginghers, my husband used them for cutting carpet...which ruined the sharpness and the alignment...and he felt so bad that he did go buy me a new pair. He never did that again...and after that I was always sure to have plenty of scissors around that could be used for anything, and kept my Ginghers well out of sight.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by patchsamkim
Shortly after I got my first pair of Ginghers, my husband used them for cutting carpet...which ruined the sharpness and the alignment...and he felt so bad that he did go buy me a new pair. He never did that again...and after that I was always sure to have plenty of scissors around that could be used for anything, and kept my Ginghers well out of sight.
For a fee, Ginghers can go back to the company for alignment and sharpening.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:46 PM

I remember growing up and being told not to touch Mom's good sewing scissors. (I didn't) Now I know the importance of that.

Of course, I tried that same rule but it didn't go over that well. I now have Fiskars with a chunk out from using them as wire cutter. I now have a nice pair of Ginghers that are hidden.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:56 PM

To cut fish and toenail? Yikes!! Funny too!:)