Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Would love to get my husband quilting >

Would love to get my husband quilting

Would love to get my husband quilting

Old 10-26-2011, 07:36 PM

I know there are men who quilt! My husband us so dang precise. He lays tile like nobody's business. I'm imagining his blocks would come out flawless. And here I am struggling with all these triangles. Lol
I join him in all his hobbies. Sometimes I wish I could be with the family while I work, well, most of the time really.
When we get our basement finished we've decided to put a sewing space in the back of the family room. :D
By then DS will maybe be easier to watch. Two year olds and sewing spaces do not go well together.

Beth
Old 10-26-2011, 07:55 PM

I tried to get my DH interested in quilting his own quilts. He is very helpful to me in my quilting, design wise, working out patterns and sequences wise, color decisions, etc., etc. But he says he likes helping me but he doesn't want to get into it himself. He enables and helps me in every way possible, but he won't actually quilt. A loss to the world!

Probably a good thing. He'd end up the star, and quilting is all I got going for my claim to fame (w/in the family, anyway).
Old 10-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Power Poster

Beth, my husband is like a mad scientist- and if he got into my quilting stuff I'd never find anything again LOL LOL
He is a fabulous cook so you can imagine what my kitchen usually looks like HAHA :shock: :shock:
Old 10-26-2011, 08:17 PM

Hi and welcome to the board from Iowa. I guess if you just ask him and show him where his skills would work you might be surprised by his answer (smile). Worth a try.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sierra
I tried to get my DH interested in quilting his own quilts. He is very helpful to me in my quilting, design wise, working out patterns and sequences wise, color decisions, etc., etc. But he says he likes helping me but he doesn't want to get into it himself. He enables and helps me in every way possible, but he won't actually quilt. A loss to the world!

Probably a good thing. He'd end up the star, and quilting is all I got going for my claim to fame (w/in the family, anyway).
My DH is just like this too. He will help me in anyway he can but does not want to try making a quilt. And he already knows how to sew! I personally think he would be great on the long arm but he still say no way.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:12 PM

I can get the spousal unit to cut, piece and quilt, but I have to play dumb or frustrated to do it! :lol:
If he hears, "DAMMIT!!", he'll wander in to see what the problem is and he's a "fixer", he has to "fix" everything.

If I whine that a deadline is looming and I have no way to meet it, he pulls up a chair at one of the machines and does a better job than I do!
Old 10-27-2011, 01:22 AM

My hubby is great at sandwiching quilts! But he's afraid to screw up the fabric by cutting. He will sew some now and then. Mostly he just whines when I sew because I'm not paying attention to him. LOL
Old 10-27-2011, 01:36 AM

My husband helps me when sandwiching my quilts. I do not want him to quilt...I have enough troubles finding things when he cleans my sewing area...i need to get a lock for my door...I think we can only afford one of us to quilt. Not a cheap hobby...but I love it.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:17 AM
Power Poster

you have to 'groom' him.... shopping and color choices first, then a cutting helper, then sewing :)
Old 10-27-2011, 05:25 AM

Oh heavens no! Its my space! He would need to fix up his own room and his own tools, I dont want him in here messing with my system.