Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Would love to take a cruise...which cruise lines do you like, which ones should I avoid? >

Would love to take a cruise...which cruise lines do you like, which ones should I avoid?

Would love to take a cruise...which cruise lines do you like, which ones should I avoid?

Old 08-13-2011, 04:34 AM

Well, it looks as though I am the only one who has repeated going on the Carnival. I have booked each and every cruise with the same rep and I really have not been disappointed.......

I don't let someone else's kids bother me.......they are not mine so I can just ignore them and go about my cruising......
If they do eventually annoy me, the ship is large enough to find another area to enjoy away from them.......

I am going on my 17th cruise in February..and having the advantage of VIP embarkment and disembarkment makes for a pleasant time.....

My advice is to enjoy one's self and not worry about someone else's kids..........

those three that took someone's scooter should have been reported and I am sure that they would have been dealt with accordingly...rather that just watch them perform their meanness and get away with it.

With all that said, I wish you all happy cruising wherever you go and on whichever ship you choose.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:39 AM

Oh geez...all the bad news about Carnival! I leave in two weeks for a Carnival cruise (quilting cruise with Bonnie Hunter). This will be my first cruise and I am determined it will be wonderful!
I haven't had a vacation in 14 yrs.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:47 AM

I have cruised on Celebrity twice and it is definietly an Adult line. Less parties than Carnival and the service is wonderful.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Antdebby1
Oh geez...all the bad news about Carnival! I leave in two weeks for a Carnival cruise (quilting cruise with Bonnie Hunter). This will be my first cruise and I am determined it will be wonderful!
I haven't had a vacation in 14 yrs.
It will be fine. They will be catering to Bonnie Hunter and all her guests since it is a special cruise.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:09 AM

Choose the time of year; fewer kids when school is in. Go for the specials,i.e. get a suite with a window or veranda. Check out the costs of trips and other "extras"; they can add a lot to the price. We went to Alaska on Norwegian in early May. The weather was better than friends experienced in August!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:10 AM

Went to Alaska on Holland , loved the trip flew to Vancouver and came back to Anchorage on the domed top train. I would suggest Holland first and then Princess but not Carnival. I have been on their cruises but that is more of a family cruise, nothing wrong with that, I just loved Holland and how we were treated.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:11 AM

I have been on MSC (Italian), Princess several times, and will be going on the queen Mary II very soon. Liked Princess a lot, not sure about MSC (Everyting was in 5 languages) and I have been told that QMII is the very best. Can't wait to find out.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:16 AM

I have taken a number of cruises on several cruise lines. My two favorites are Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. Stay clear of Carnival!
Old 08-13-2011, 05:21 AM

MY First cruise ever was on Carnival we had a great time , nothing wrong with it. I also went in March on Carnival but that is a bad time because all the college kids are on and is very busy.Other wise I have no real complaints and if you do they will take care of you.Don't fret just go on and enjoy your cruise and make your own opinion, BON VOYAGE
Old 08-13-2011, 05:36 AM

Hello don't really know what to tell you... my husband and I are taking our first cruise in March of 12 , and we are going with another couple that have been on cruises before..they swear by Princess so we are all booked to go to the Western Caribbean on the Crown Princess... can't wait, it is going to be so much fun..... Good Luck on finding your cruise...