Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy, even if not "perfect"?

Would you buy a hand made item, even if you studied it and found it wasn't perfect? For example...a tote bag with pockets, and the pocket on the outside wasn't centered? Or a quilt with wonky crooked stitches?

Blog Entries
    I would not pay a lot of money for it, but yes I would buy something that isn't perfect. It makes the item unique. :)

Blog Entries
    If I really liked it and the imperfections were not glaring - sure why not :lol: I don't think I have ever made anything perfect :roll: LOL

Yes, but those are usually sold at a discounted price and labelled as a "second" and the flaw listed. :D

Many people will snap up on an item such as that, as long as the sewing is sound.

It would certainly depend on the item. I would buy a bag with a pocket that was off center. The quilt - depends on how wonky. Also, if it's custom made, I would probably buy it because I selected the colors, pattern, etc.

The reason I ask.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Is because I'm making a bow tuck to sell, and the front pocket is off center, just a bit...I think it will show, because the handles are all centered, but now the pocket is not and I double zig zagged in into place, so I can't rip it off and re-sew....I'm not sure what I was going to charge for it, after cost of materials and time spent creating it, I was going to charge between $35-40...that's what they are going for on Etsy, but now I just don't know.... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Blog Entries
    Very good question. Is it possible for you to add a pocket beside it that you could put a pen into? That would take the focus off the big pocket being off center.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Very good question. Is it possible for you to add a pocket beside it that you could put a pen into? That would take the focus off the big pocket being off center.
    Here is a pic of the outside panel with the pocket...if I were to add a small pocket, I think it would extend further then I would want.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hmm... Now that I see the picture, I don't think it is that bad. Yes, when I look at it this way I can see it is off a hair, but I think if it is hanging by the handles and maybe had some padding indie, I don't think I would notice it.

Did someone already pay for it? If so, I would ask them, and maybe offer a discount. In they don't want it, make another for them and post this one for sale, with a picture of the off center pocket and a price. Anyone buying it at that point knows what they are getting. If it doesn't sale, lower the price and try again.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast