Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
WOW!!! Never seen a big one like that before!! >

WOW!!! Never seen a big one like that before!!

WOW!!! Never seen a big one like that before!!

Old 07-09-2011, 06:47 PM

[quote=huntannette]I go strawberry picking every year at this time. I`ve been picking in the same field now for many years. It is close to where our camp is. Welll two yrs ago a guy bought the land where i go. He didn`t seem to like the fact i was picking in his field last yr...i didn`t know it was sold. Well this year he mowed the grass ...just before the berries came out...and this is way in the bush....and he really doesn`t do anything in this field...-
----------------------------------------------------
At some point in time, preferably before snow fall or freezing, I would go/sneak there and pick some of the plants since he doesn't seem to want them. That was just plain unneighborly of him.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Yooper32
You just made me soooo homesick for my little farm in the UP. We always picked wild strawberries around the edges of the hay fields and along the road too. Funny thing is, we had a cat that always followed us out to the back fields and she loved strawberries too and picked her own and ate them. The selfish thing never put one in our baskets.
-------------------------------------------
Yes, I also miss those days when I was growing up in WV in the hills. The wild fruits and berries were always so good!!! And I would pick 2 for me and one for the bucket, but still come home with a lot for pies and a little jam or jelly. Still miss those lovely Paw Paws, they get ripe later. But those tiny, wondrously smelling strawberries are the very best.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
Plant some seeds. I think you might have to put them in the fridge for a while. Check online for the propagation needs.

You might start a brand new line of strawberries. Some people make a lot of money this way.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:02 PM

HE`S JUST AN OLD MEANIE!! lol[quote=Ramona Byrd]
Originally Posted by huntannette
I go strawberry picking every year at this time. I`ve been picking in the same field now for many years. It is close to where our camp is. Welll two yrs ago a guy bought the land where i go. He didn`t seem to like the fact i was picking in his field last yr...i didn`t know it was sold. Well this year he mowed the grass ...just before the berries came out...and this is way in the bush....and he really doesn`t do anything in this field...-
----------------------------------------------------
At some point in time, preferably before snow fall or freezing, I would go/sneak there and pick some of the plants since he doesn't seem to want them. That was just plain unneighborly of him.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:53 AM

Your title was very scarry, but I clicked on it anyway. So happy it was strawberries. LOL
Old 07-12-2011, 05:50 AM

It's funny you mention this. I've noticed, that wid strawberries are sort of taking over a few area of our yard. I've always been a 'you choose to live here, have at it' type of gardener, and I've never seen this before (and we've been here 30 years!)
I'm finding they seem to be a little lacking in taste though, I guess I'm going to have to go out and reassess!
Old 07-15-2011, 04:48 AM

ha ha ha!!! I so understand!!!
Originally Posted by overdew
Your title was very scarry, but I clicked on it anyway. So happy it was strawberries. LOL