Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: yahoo junk mail

yahoo junk mail

Is anyone getting a lot of spam from @yahoo.com? We get some each day. Each one is from an address we don't recognize. I can't block all yahoo addresses, because we have some friends who use it. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you!

I heard on the radio the other day that Yahoo has just experienced another glut of problems from the hack that took place to over a billion (YES it said Billion) accounts back in 2013. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/14/t...hack.html?_r=0

There was just another hack recently. http://bgr.com/2017/02/16/yahoo-says...your-password/

So you can either put up with the spam or block all yahoo accounts and tell your friends that you have blocked all yahoo accounts due to all the spam and if they need to communicate with you they need to find an alternative source. Quite honestly, in light of all the security breaches I would not have a yahoo account.

Changing email address is or can be a Royal pain.

The breaches happened a few years ago as well..so damage is done.

The hackers stole personal info like the answers to security questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats8 View Post
    Is anyone getting a lot of spam from @yahoo.com? We get some each day. Each one is from an address we don't recognize. I can't block all yahoo addresses, because we have some friends who use it. Any help/advice would be appreciated.
    Thank you!
    I use yahoo mail. When I get spam, I just throw it in the spam folder with does block the address. It's a sort of ongoing battle, but it seems like not as much lately.
    Patrice S

I have a yahoo account only because I had to have it to join yahoo groups. I have all mail from those groups going to my gmail account, and I never even look at the yahoo account. There might be a lot of spam there, but it doesn't affect me. Spam does get sent to gmail, but it's pretty good (not perfect) at putting it in the spam folder automatically. The only problem is, it sometimes misidentifies legitimate emails as spam, so I have to keep checking the spam folder to see if there's good stuff in there.

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    I have a yahoo account only because I had to have it to join yahoo groups. I have all mail from those groups going to my gmail account, and I never even look at the yahoo account. There might be a lot of spam there, but it doesn't affect me. Spam does get sent to gmail, but it's pretty good (not perfect) at putting it in the spam folder automatically. The only problem is, it sometimes misidentifies legitimate emails as spam, so I have to keep checking the spam folder to see if there's good stuff in there.
    Same reason I am hanging on to yahoo ---for the groups---but I really don't access them too often. Down the road will probably deactivate the account altogether.

Because of all the issues yahoo has been having lately I changed my email account to a different provider.

Quote Originally Posted by osewme View Post
    Because of all the issues yahoo has been having lately I changed my email account to a different provider.
    Just got this link regarding yahoo today... in case you are nterested. http://www.zdnet.com/article/yahoo-n...78052239305902

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast