Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yea...its raining here today!!

We got some rain today and tonight it was cool enough to sit out on the back deck.

Luckily I live a bit south of City of San Diego and our high was 89 degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by nygal View Post
    I know what you mean. We had one cool day last week and I was able to open up the doors and windows and it was SO nice getting fresh air in the house. I am ready for Fall!!!
    Ditto! It's been cool hear the past couple of days (no rain but at least the blast furnace has been shut off... LOL!) & it just makes me long for the snap of cool days! It feels so good to have cool, fresh air blowing on me instead of the AC!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
    Luckily I live a bit south of City of San Diego and our high was 89 degrees.
    My DD lives in San Diego, too, & she's amazed that summers are cooler there than back home here in WI!

I just saw on the news that you guys are having fires out there in SoCal. Are they bad? Isn't it kind of early for that?
    Last edited by burchquilts; 08-11-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Senior Member Quilter Day-by-Day's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It rained here for the last two days. It was a well needed rain. Today as of right now it's sunny and 72.
    Quilting is an addiction that you can be proud of and enjoy.
    Elna TSP,Kenmore,Singer Futura,Singer Red Eye x2,Singer 66,White Rotary Treadles x2, Montgomery Wards, Janome 10000,Singer 201-2 1947,Juki serger, Black 1947 Featherweight. Singer 301a 1951, Parlor Cabinet Treadle w/ White.
    Deb

Blog Entries
    We've been lucky this yr. Even though we've had more than normal high temps and for a longer period than normal, we've had plenty of rain. I got up at 630 Thur morning to cut grass because it was supposed to be 90 and then that afternoon it started to rain. When my grandson said he didn't like the rain I told him how could the grass grow without the rain. He looked at me funny and said, you really want the grass to grow GiGi. I told him green grass is always a lot prettier than brown grass even if I do have to cut it with my old rotary mower.
    Judy

Sure hope some of it come to Texas. We are hot and dry.

It's raining here right now... a nice, slow, soaking rain at that. It sounds so nice outside my window. And it's cool, too! Could fall be right around the corner?
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2