Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: YOLO list?

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
    I am getting to cross one of the list next week... going to Bali! I am too excited to sleep.
    Lori!! I am SO envious!!! I hope you have the MOST amazing time and get to do all the wonderful things you see to experience. What a glorious vacation!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
    On my YOLO List, then:

go hang gliding
    go glider flying
    visit Australia for an extended stay
    own and use a hammock slung between two massive oak trees
    hold my younger daughter's babies (she's 33 with no kids)
    sail on Lake Michigan's Little Traverse Bay
    eat a Waygu beef steak
    attend a Broadway play
    go to Houston for a week for the International Quilt Festival again (it's been 16 years!)

I'm sure there are other things I can't think of at the moment.

Jan in VA
    Jan,
    I can take you sailing on Grand Traverse Bay in Lake Michigan....come on over and we will sail!! I'll be happy to help you out with that list.
    I went paragliding last summer in Alaska (had an instructor with me)---so I can cross that one off. My husband didn't believe that I was crazy enough to do it. I LOVED IT! You only go around once, so do all that you can while you still can.
    I only jumped off the side of a mountain. I would never jump out of an airplane....don't have the guts to do that one.
    Last edited by sailsablazin; 05-13-2013 at 06:31 PM. Reason: want to add more

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailsablazin View Post
    Jan,
    I can take you sailing on Grand Traverse Bay in Lake Michigan....come on over and we will sail!! I'll be happy to help you out with that list.
    I went paragliding last summer in Alaska (had an instructor with me)---so I can cross that one off. My husband didn't believe that I was crazy enough to do it. I LOVED IT! You only go around once, so do all that you can while you still can.
    I only jumped off the side of a mountain. I would never jump out of an airplane....don't have the guts to do that one.
    Sails,
    You have no idea what reading that offer did to my heart!! #soaring!
    It may not be this year, but I would take you up on a sail for real as soon as I could! Watch out what you offer; I might show up at your door with my life vest and suitcase in hand, LOL!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

I am a very lucky/fortunate woman. I have traveled in all 50 states many times and have traveled all over Europe and Asia. I would like to see Ephesus, Turkey though. Not much on my YOLO or bucket list now. I think I live to quilt and to enjoy life with my DH and my DP's (dear pets). I do think it's important to have goals and things we want to do in life.

Blog Entries
    Used a lot on FACEBOOK and texting.

Quote Originally Posted by sailsablazin View Post
    Jan,
    Only jumped off the side of the mountain? Jumping off a roof can kill you! Glad you enjoyed your paragliding! I'm not that brave!

Blog Entries
    Well I have several. Go to Macys Day Parade, I think I am doing it this year IF we can find a hotel. Oktoberfest in Munich, Chuck wagon Cook off, and Huston International show.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3