Are You Good With Words?

Old 10-30-2011, 02:26 AM

I used to think I wrote nice letters,but since being on this board,have really changed my mind.Or maybe it's an age thing. Sure a lot of those things coming to stay. :D

Words to admire a quilt are so common,pretty,nice & WOW. Then what?,when 50 other posters have said the same things.

There are ppl going thru bad times due to illness,loss of a family member etc.In many cases there are already 6 pages of comments.Should I use the same words or not post at all?

Have read comments on here that were so right,so nicely said.They cause me to think ,I wish I'd said that.Hopefully,saying you're thinking of them, saying a prayer for them is the thing to say.For all of you who have a way with words,I envy you.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:33 AM

I too envy those who can say it well. Sometimes just saying something is enough.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:45 AM

You can alway quote what another person has said, and say "My feelings exactly." I personally find it somewhat a disincentive to respond when I see 10 pages of responses to a post -- knowing that what I might say has most likely already been said. But I usually respond anyway :)
Old 10-30-2011, 02:50 AM

If it's what's in your heart, then you can't be wrong. Fellow quilters are looking for support. They shouldn't be judging you on your comments. Have a great day and just know that you will find support, love and a sense of belonging here.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:15 AM

I enjoy every comment, every bit of feedback, even if it's been said before. Don't worry about it, just speak from the heart.:)
Old 10-30-2011, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

i was just thinking yesterday what nice comments Murphy writes. i wish i could be that kind and caring. but i think every post is important to the OP. if many people look and few people comment, it may hurt the feelings of the OP... maybe their work is not interesting or that no one cares. so, even though my comments are not beautifully written, i make some comment to let the OP know that i looked and i liked what i saw.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:49 AM

Writing is a challenge for me. I always wind up rambling.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:54 AM

With one simple word it shows that someone took the time to look and comment. It is so easy just to go on to the next topic but they chose not too.

Sometimes the best gesters come from no words at all but since we are in the cyber world we have no choice but to type something and personally, I appreciate one word just as much as twenty. :)
Old 10-30-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by RenaB
With one simple word it shows that someone took the time to look and comment. It is so easy just to go on to the next topic but they chose not too.

Sometimes the best gesters come from no words at all but since we are in the cyber world we have no choice but to type something and personally, I appreciate one word just as much as twenty. :)
RenaB said it so nice ;)
Old 10-30-2011, 05:55 AM

I always struggle with what to say....So, I just write what my first thoughts were. I know I loved reading every comment that someone has posted on a topic; it does not matter if I have already read it before.