Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: You know it's time to vaccuum when....

Well, this week I had one morning when I was going to a monthly volunteer meeting and then run some errands. Of course I was up early and ready to go a good hour before time to leave. [I even took the time to de-lint my navy slacks, even tho I think it is a fashion statement - and my friends pick them off for me!] Before it was time to leave I went into my quilt room, looking for a large bag -- and wouldn't you know it, the large bags were back behind my ironing board, in the corner, in front of the closet door. So the easiest way to get the bags was to get down on my hands and knees and pull out what I needed.

When I finally stood up (which is a chore in itself!) with my large bag, my slacks were covered with threads, snippets of material, and other flerg -- from thigh to foot!

Needless to say I had to de-lint once again -- and muttered to myself, "I think it's time to vacuum this carpet!" So today I vacuumed my quilt room floor and my Pfaff machine too!

Blog Entries
    hehehe, sounds like me! :lol:

Blog Entries
    yep, it is time for me to vacuum also. The quilt tops are getting a little "thready" from when they brush the floor.

must have been the day to vacuum.... I did mine too! Could barely see the floor for the threads. LOL

Blog Entries
    Cute story!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    That it too funny. I only vacuum when the area under my desk and chair starts looking like a shag rug.

Blog Entries
    Vacuuming is over rated :wink: LOL

You are all do funny. I buy lint rollers in bulk from SAMS and we go through them fast. I still end up with a few threads and a little fur when I leave the house.

Its a fur fest here! I have to put on anything black right before I leave. The yellow lab and Golden ret. are shedding bad right now!

My problem is not threads and snippets but dog hair. Four years ao I took up all the carpet and put in faux wood floors ( did it all myself!) If I don't vacuum st least every other day I get dog hair tumbleweeds! Four dogs (2 Labs 1 shepard/husky mix and 1 little beagle) If I go 2 days I have to empty my vacuum (a Dyson) 4 times just in my upstairs. Oh well that is he price you pay for having animal companions,

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast