Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
You know you're addicted to sewing when... >

You know you're addicted to sewing when...

You know you're addicted to sewing when...

Old 01-16-2015, 05:43 AM

When you plan a Shop Hop and bring the iPad to read QB while hubby drives and tries to find the shops! (Don't feel too sorry for him..he likes to drive!)
AND...when you plan your sewing projects around when company will visit!
Old 01-16-2015, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by donac View Post
When you hit every quilt shop in Alaska and worry about exceeding your baggage limit. I didn't because I packed all the fabric into my carry on but someone in our group had to pay extra for all that she brought.
Denali was interesting, Eagles perched and in flight were beautiful, but the quilt shops at each port were the most fun ! Not just because you had your own space and time on your own two feet rather than looking through grimy windows of an overcrowded old park bus. Some of the Quilt shops had fabrics I had never seen before, or since.
Old 01-16-2015, 05:44 AM

We travel in our 5th wheel most of every summer, starting in late April thru at least October. We usually go to fishing spots cause my husband loves to fish. I spend the winters figuring out and packing what sewing items and fabric I will need while he is fishing. I love our 5th wheel, and I love "sewing/quilting in the woods".
Julie
Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
...your DH, while planning vacation, scrutinizes the photos of the potential vacation lodgings carefully to make sure there's a spot with a good view and an outlet, for you to set up your sewing machine in.

...you spend more time deciding which sewing machine to bring on vacation than you spend deciding on what clothes to pack. (I still haven't decided; I may bring two!)

What about you? What gives away your addiction?
Old 01-16-2015, 05:59 AM

Wow, sounds like we have some serious addictions on the QB !! LOL
Old 01-16-2015, 06:07 AM

Bless his heart, does he have a brother? LOL
Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
...your DH, while planning vacation, scrutinizes the photos of the potential vacation lodgings carefully to make sure there's a spot with a good view and an outlet, for you to set up your sewing machine in.

...you spend more time deciding which sewing machine to bring on vacation than you spend deciding on what clothes to pack. (I still haven't decided; I may bring two!)

What about you? What gives away your addiction?
Old 01-16-2015, 06:19 AM

I took a portable scale with me to a shop to consume every ounce of luggage allotment. I even left behind some clothing to bring home fabric.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:33 AM
Power Poster

I have shipped my clothes to my destination and back again so I would have room for fabric. You can't always find what you need back home. So when you find your fabric you want to keep it with you. As far as your clothes go, you ca always replace them with another trip to WAlmart or wherever.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:40 AM

We went on a cruise over the holidays, and a friend ask me a couple of days before we left, if I had my clothes packed yet. I told her only the important stuff. enough hexie fabric and forms to piece as many flowers as possible and to finish the border for my FG quilt. The night before I packed my clothes.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:00 AM

When you have to buy a generator for you 5th wheel so you can take your sewing machine to sew in the forest and at the lake.
Old 01-16-2015, 12:27 PM

The last vacation we took, my featherweight and current scrappy quilts blocks in progress went with me. My DH finally realizes that sewing quilt blocks isn't work, its relaxing, I've only been quilting since 1988.
Sharon in Texas