Are you still snowed in?

Old 02-03-2011, 08:20 AM

I'm still snowed in here in Oklahoma City. They say the main streets are getting pretty good, lots of cars still abandoned, and slick spots but otherwise OK, but since I really don't "have" to get out I won't until Saturday. I am making a list of things I need to get because they are saying 1" to 3" again on Mon or Tue. What would you make sure to stock up on? Me - New books at Library, ink for my printer, more fusible web...I know I will be adding to this list. Everyone stay warm! Oh, I already thought of something else very important -- quilting and topstitch needles for both my machines, running low on both.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:44 AM

I just had my driveway plowed so I can get out if I need to. Don't think I need to. Will need to get out Saturday or Sunday. I'm supposed to be having a baby shower for daughter on Sunday and don't have any of the food yet. A friend is bringing the cake, so I just need ice cream and punch. Schools are still cancelled here today. I talked to a friend whose husband plows snow with his pick-up truck and he's having to team with a guy with a front-end-loader to clear parking lots, etc. Too much snow to push with his truck. We got 28 inches. Never seen this much snow before and hope not to see this much again.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:24 AM

28 inches! And we are all agog with 11 1/2" here in Oklahoma City. Stay warm.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:59 PM

Yes, we are in West Tx since Monday eve.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:02 PM

No snow in south Louisiana but we are expecting ice tonight. Some roads and bridges have already been closed. Just a few little frozen rain drops on my plants here and few little icicles hanging off the roof.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:32 PM

We can get out...DD has been going to work and DH leaves early tomorrow morning on a business trip to Orlando. Our sone has been here each day to plow our very long lane...he will look out for me while dad is gone. That said, my school is closed tomorrow for the 4th day. Parking lots, bus stops and country roads are simply sheets of ice. It should get above freezing on Sunday, I have heard but I have also heard we are to get more snow. Personally, I have not even been outside. I have been so sick this week that I pretty much sleep all day. Have done a little sewing and some reading.