Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
another newbie.... >

another newbie....

another newbie....

Old 09-19-2007, 06:01 PM

Hi, folks...I am a Nanny of three, mother of two, and expecting a new grandchild in Jan. '08.. Being a Nanny has inspired me to attempt to teach myself how to quilt. My grandmother quilted, but passed away before I ever married. My Mother was an accomplished seamstress, and did teach me to sew clothing, however quilting was never her thing. I love quilts, and am now not working, and have been disabled for about 3 years, and love to craft. I have started a quilt for my only granddaughter, and will probably have alot of questions for you all. I was so excited when I found this site. I have been visiting it for quite awhile now, but just today got the nerve to join in. Hope I don't worry anyone too much. Oh yes, I am from Ewing, Ky. Looking forward to making new friends and learning the wonderful art of quilting. ;) ;)
Old 09-19-2007, 07:06 PM

Well, you've just made one new friend! :D I just wanted to welcome you to the family. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Everyone here is so helpful and friendly, believe me, you'll get many answers to your questions and if we don't have an answer, we will look it up for you. Good luck on your quilt, we'd love to see it when it is completed. Fin*sh*d is a bad word around here, so we all try to use other similar meaning words such as completed, accomplished, etc. :-) I hope you enjoy this site, it is definitely addictive.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 PM

Welcome!

Everyone seems to be embraced like a long-lost beloved relative! We have all kinds here; loving, supportive, cheering and teasing. All in good fun! Glad you finally joined. We missed not having you in here with us!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 PM

[b]Thanks for responding. Luv to poke fun.......Can take it and dish it....LOL....HUGS are my specialty....Love people too.....
Old 09-20-2007, 07:29 AM
Power Poster

Hi nannyhunt, so happy that you decided to join us here. Please feel free to jump in with questions, comments and check out our chat times, too :D
Old 09-20-2007, 09:27 AM

[b]Just learning how to use the message board. Not computer literate....LOL. Just play and punch to hope I get my message across. I am self taught on this thing. Not a good thing. Ha. I love making new friends and learning new things. Thanks again for making me feel welcome.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:07 PM

Welcome
Glad you decided to join our family. Aren't grandchildren the best. I've got six granddaughters under the age of 7!!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:29 PM

Welcome to our family. We are so glad that you decided to join. We can't wait for you to get started quilting. Once you have your first quilt done then you will be just as hooked as the rest of us. It will be all you dream of. There are just so many quilts that I want to make. Each day I think that I add a new quilt to my someday list. Everyone here is just so friendly I'm sure that we will be able to answer any questions that you may have. So just ask away.

Barb
Old 09-21-2007, 04:06 AM

GEEEEZZZZZZZ....What a welcome wagon......Here comes a great big ol' NANNY HUG to any and all that might need one....take yours and pass the rest around.....Never know, it may be the only they get today. Thanks again for making me feel so welcome. Remember to smile at someone today....It is contagious and you never know, it may inspire them to quilt a little.... :D