Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Been here about two weeks, but never introduced myself!

I'm in Hillsboro, Oregon, a suburb of Portland. I'm relatively new to quilting, but I come from a family of quilters (Amish ancestry), and so I feel as if I have quilting in my blood. Now that I've started, I don't want to do anything else. If I'm not quilting, I'm thinking about quilting! I don't know how to say this without sounding completely corny, but it seems to fill me with love for the person who is to receive the quilt that I'm working on. What a great stress buster. I'm enjoying reading your posts and I'm learning so much already. This seems like a friendly and welcoming community. Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from one of your northern neighbours.

nice name

Welcome bstanbro from Sisters OR! My SIL just moved from Hillsboro to Seaside. I pass thru Hillsboro alllll the time. It's still our major shopping meca. I go over and pick her up then back over the hill we go to the latest JoAnn's sale!

Welcome from Tucson AZ. Don't think you're corny at all. I think the thoughtfulness and love that goes into a quilt is exactly what we need more of :).

Another PNW native here.
    I'm new to the board as well.

Hi and welcome from Ninnie in NC!

My husband and I love Tucson. We travel there during the winter when we can. Great city. We lived in Phoenix from 1975-1978 while he attended school.

Welcome from another Oregonian!! I don't think you are corny either. We pour a lot of ourselves into our projects.

Quote Originally Posted by bstanbro
    My husband and I love Tucson. We travel there during the winter when we can. Great city. We lived in Phoenix from 1975-1978 while he attended school.
    We moved back here just over 4 yrs ago, was here in 83-86 and loved it. So after I retired we packed up our belongings and moved out here permanently. Have never looked back and love our lifestyle here :).

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast