Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand New

Let me start by asking...does everyone have a real FEAR when they get their first kit...open it up...read all of the instructions...then...panic sets in on cutting that first piece. :cry: I am a Grandmother of 7 wonderful children and want to make a keepsake for each of them. How can a pattern and some beautiful material strike fear in a grown women????

Blog Entries
    That first cut is always the hardest. Welcome from Louisiana!:)

I feel your fear. I am new to quilting, have a fear I am going to make a wrong cut and screw up my quilt and not be able to match the fabric.

Welcome from mississippi. This is a wonderful board lots of help and great people on here.

Welcome from long island.. I have 3 kits. And yes. Fear with each of them. I have made alot of quilts. But the kits do it to me. Just take a few deep breaths and you'll be fine.

Hello and welcome from South Carolina. It's the unknown with the kit. They all may me nervous but once you get started you'll wonder, "Why did it take me so long to do this!!!" You'll love the QB and it can become addicting so you will have to monitor yourself or you'll be on it all the time! I love the QB....hope you do too.

try it - you'll like it. Welcome from Maine

WOW...thank you all so much for making me feel so welcomed. I look forward to all of your ideas, advice, thoughts and stories about your quilting adventures.

Hello and welcome from TN. I too fear quilt kits, I have NO trouble doing my own thing but when I have to follow a pattern I too tend to panic. This board is just the greatest place for ideas, support and help!!

Quote Originally Posted by erstan947
    That first cut is always the hardest. Welcome from Louisiana!:)
    Hey Louisiana :) thank you for the welcome. How long have you been quilting? I have 2 sets of twin grandchildren (boy & girl age 10 & boy & girl age 7) Any ideas on a pattern for the boys? The girls are easy. The kits I ordered for them are from Anna Griffin's collection...but I'm stuck where the boys are concerned. Oh by the way, I'm from the Sunshine state...Florida 8-)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast