Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Fabric at walMart >

Fabric at walMart

Fabric at walMart

Old 10-26-2007, 12:55 PM

Everyone you talk to Is upset that Walmart is removing the crafts and fabrics from their stores, don't forget, Sam Walton went into business to put everyone else out, and it worked! No matter how many e-amils and phone calls you make it's not going to change the "corporate mind". They aren't logical thinkers, they think with the "bottom Line".
Fabric doesn't have the big dollar profit that electronics does, pure and simple.If at all possible,shop at Joann's or any of the small fabric and quilt shops. I am lucky that We have a discount store to shop that sells fabric so I buy alot there. barbieQ
Old 10-26-2007, 04:36 PM

Amen.People always complain about the mom and pop stores going out of business,and 9times out of 10 it is because of WM.I personally do not shop there but I am lucky that I have numerous other choices,some people do not,but again there is the internet,with thousands of choices for fabric and I have yet to be disappointed from any purchases .But there is my 2 cents worth
Old 10-27-2007, 04:46 PM

Currently there are 36775 signatures on the petition. It has not helped a bit.

However, someone says Sears has picked up on this event and now is beginning to place crafts and sewing machines in the K-Mart stores, which they own. Does anyone know anything about this? Will they eventually have fabrics? That would be interesting because both Sears and K-Mart used to carry fabrics. Could they go back to past practices? If so, that would say there is money to be made in the fabric department, right?

Good grief! I returnend something to K-Mart and gave the girl the plastic bag to put in recycle. She told me "K-Mart does not Recycle!" They throw all those returned plastic bags in the garbage. I told her to give it back and I would take it to Wal-Mart since they do recycle. How has a BIG company like Sears/K-Mart NOT gotten on the Recycling wagon? I was dumbfounded.

What is your take on this???

June
Old 10-27-2007, 04:57 PM

I am old enough to remember buying fabric at Kmart! I have not heard about them "returning to their roots". It would be good to have another place for crafts and fabrics.I'll question K Mart. I have received alot of catalogues and web sites offering fabrics but not certain of the quality so am apprehensive about buying til a friend told me to purchase "charm packs" of fabrics of interest. That works well for me and it's inexpensive too.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:11 PM

I remember buying fabric at Kmart along time ago also.I kinda live across the street from a super Kmart and haven't seen any fabric or sewing machines yet,next time I am in there I will ask.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:05 PM

BarbieQ ,
You are absolutely right, that is why Hancock Fabrics went out of the town near me. Now I am going to Joanns and the quilt shops. I am fortunate to have a wonderful shop within 45 minutes from me. There are several closer too. But there are a lot of people that aren't as fortunate. It is too bad....tlcquiltnut