Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Alaska

Post Greetings from Alaska

Hello Everyone,
    My name is Enid and I live in Wasilla, Alaska. About 4 years ago I fell in love with quilts after my house burned down and the Red Cross donated some things to my family to help us out while our new home was being built. It was our first home after 21 years of marriage and 5 children and within an hour all our worldly possessions went up in smoke. By the grace of God no one was hurt and everyone including all our pets made it out safely. One of the things that we received from the Red Cross was a beautiful quilt that was made at an Alaska Women's Prison. Ever since I received that quilt I was determined to make one on my own. I think I have bought enough fabric in the last year or so to make a king size quilt for every man, woman, and child and maybe even a few moose and possibly a family of bears living in the state of Alaska. I have yet to finish my first quilt for 2 reasons one I'm a perfectionist who more often then not stops on a regular basis to check for any mistake and then HAS to correct it right then and there, and two I have lupus and more often then not my hands swell and it's hard for me to maintain any energy for longer then 2 to 3 hours. I have to admit that even though lupus can be hard on me at times when trying to quilt because of the pain, quilting can also be so therapeutic for me. I love when my packages comes with all the beautiful fabric and even when I can't cut or sew I use my EQ7 to plan out my projects using the fabric I have already downloaded on to my library on my EQ7 then on good days I enjoy life doing what has become one of my newest loves...Quilting. I am really happy to have stumbled on to this site. I have learned so much and am hoping that sometime after the snow and ice melt that I can meet other quilters in my area and hopefully learn a lot more. Hopefully my intro. wasn't too long but I must say I love reading about all the things both old and new that are posted on this site.

So very sorry you lost your home. Welcome to the board there are so so many wonderful quilters here that will help if you have a problem. This is such a great place to chat and get feed back from other quilters. Good luck with your quilting and we will be looking forward to seeing some of your work soon.

Welcome from Al. Enjoy your days even when you can't sew. my sister had lupus and yesterday would have been her birthday, I empathize with you.
    looking forward to seeing your projects.

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

Welcome from Arizona
    bjsmith57

Blog Entries
    Hello from Wisconsin!

Welcome to the board. Looking forward to hearing more from you and seeing your projects.
    Jo

Welcome from Japan!
    This is a great resource and full of nice folks!

Gaijin

Power Poster
    Hi from Ohio!
    SueDor

Hi from New York and welcome to this wonderful message board. I lived in Anchorage for 14yrs. and LOVED it. I still miss seeing moose.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place...the End Times.

Heaven and Earth are full of His Glory!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast