Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Greetings from Colorful Colorado >

Greetings from Colorful Colorado

Greetings from Colorful Colorado

Old 07-03-2011, 01:49 PM

Hi all!

Sadly enough, I just found this website today after painfully searching the web on ways to sell my stash. As hard times have fallen on my family too, I haven't been able to touch any quilting over the last 2 years. Downsizing and moving have forced me to deal with my stash that I started 20 years ago, before kids. Some I had already donated to a friend involved with community quilt efforts, so what I had left was stuff I was really attached to. I was all alone in an empty house going through and re-visting with all my beloved fabrics. I resigned myself to seperating out and keeping any fabrics to do with landscape quilting (I had been collecting lots but never really got to starting one...suprise suprise!) and rag quilts for gifts.

I've been out of the true quilting scene for about 10 years when life with 3 babies really got busy. The only way to stay kinda in and keep my sanity was to be fortunate enough to have The Great American Quilt Factory/Possibilities nearby and who had an awsome, unique Block of the Month pattern. So, imagine my suprise when someone last week told me (as I was trying to just give her fabric) that there was a new store that buys quilt fabrics from individuals. I figured money was money.

But the nice, suprising thing about this journey was finding this website today and reading a bunch of you all's posts. I found myself getting excited again about quilting with a renewed passion. With everything going on, this is more of a foreign feeling as I haven't had a creative outlet in a long time. I think I've decided to hang on to more of my BEAUTIFUL fabrics and get to a place where I can, once again, create some works of art. (I am the type that gets the top done and hangs it on the wall) My avitar is the last top I created on my own and says a lot about my style.

I haven't had the opportunity to be involved in a "virtual social scene" and look forward to chatting and getting out of my isolating tendencies.

So, thank you for taking the time to read my sob story.

Looking forward to reading all the fun topics on here
Have a safe 4th of July.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:52 PM

Welcome to our group. You will love it here. Lots of topics, swaps and just about anything to do with quilting that you can think of.
Tommie in KS
Old 07-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Power Poster

Howdy.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:02 PM

Welcome from the central valley of California.

Please remember, Colorado is very, very cold in winter. With the possibility of power outages, that means you and your family will need the warmth of quilts. So go on and make some for yourself, the rag quilts will work nicely for every day. And do show us your "makings" because we all love to look and dream and plan on doing the same ourselves, someday.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:17 PM

Welcome from Aurora I'm glad you have decided to hang on to your stash. This site is wonderful. The gals and guys are very sharing with ideas and support.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ireland
Old 07-03-2011, 02:43 PM

Hi and WELCOME from upstate NY. You are gonna love it here!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 02:48 PM

Hi and welcome from Northern California! Glad you decided to keep your stash and start quilting again. It does help you get away from all the stuff that fills our daily life. Its a great getaway!
Old 07-03-2011, 02:50 PM

Welcome from Iowa - I am new today too. I am so glad you kept some of your fabrics. I KNOW you will be too down the road. Like you I had to take 'time out' for many years while the kids were growing up but now I'm back at it - hard & heavy ;) I think the quilt bug bites will stay with you and resurface when you least expect it ;) Enjoy it! Mary
Old 07-03-2011, 02:56 PM

Hello, welcome from Oklahoma!