Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello all........Are guys welcome here ????

Smile Hello all........Are guys welcome here ????

Hello all my name is Randy. I'm a guy and finding that I rather enjoy quilting and wondering if I'm welcome here ??????

I enjoy camping and riding my motorcycle, but during the winter and when the weather is bad I have been quilting (trying to quilt). I have found it rather relaxing to do but it seems that my fellow guy peers have not expressed the same appreciation to this craft, and obviously poke fun about it. My screen name has two meanings and one is about my quilting....... LOL LOL When I quilted the quilts I have done (2), I have not done any sort of free motion design yet, it's all been in the ditch stitches.

I'm learning everytime I'm at the machine and sometimes my points don't meet perfect and my stitches arn't the straightest, but I'm getting better. I watch videos on Youtube to learn how to do many of the things like binding my quilts with the machine. My favorite fabric is batiks and my machine is nothing new or special. It's a basic 10 year old Singer. I have found I can do almost everything I've attempted on it, but it gets a little harder to manuver the fabric once the quilt gets real big.

Besides the two quilts I've made, I have also made coasters for my coffee table and pillows for my couch. I basicly joined this site to learn and talk with others that enjoy this as well. I guess that about sums it up for me and I look forward to reading, learning and sharing. Just don't tell my friends I'm here. LOL LOL
    Last edited by Totally Straight; 02-28-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Senior Member craftygal63@yahoo.com's Avatar
    Welcome to the board! Can't wait to see pics of your quilts!

Hi,& Welcome to the board from Ind.

Of course, men are welcome! Some of the best quilters are men! Happy to have you here and looking forward to seeing your quilts.
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Welcome to the QB, I'm new also!! Happy quilting

Hello and welcome! I also ride a bike, hunt, fish, have lots of tattoos. My hubby is nicknamed Camo Keith. So yes, you are welcomed here. Everyone is great and helpful.

Hi Randy and welcome. This is a great board for sharing information about quilting.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Blog Entries
    welcome from Vermont. I am a beginner and have already learned more than I can ever do, but I enjoy seeing and reading all the info out there.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from the SHO-ME state - Missouri. We have several men on here and YES, we love to have you join us. A male perspective would certainly be different and may just give us some new ideas. Like I told my DH, a football coach should let a woman help design some of the plays in the game and see how much that upsets the opposition.
    Nikki in MO

This is the first quilt I made for my bed with a matching pillow and pillow cases. I tied this quilt (I know the easy way out, but it was my first time). I also made a homeade picture out of fabric and hung it on my bedroom wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast