Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello Anyone else from Arizona? >

Hello Anyone else from Arizona?

Hello Anyone else from Arizona?

Old 07-31-2007, 04:59 AM

Good Morning Everyone,
I am new here, I live in AZ. Just wondering if anyone else lives in my state from here. I belong to a quilting group from my church who makes quilts for missions called Piecekeepers. We send quilts all over the world to Christian mission. Do any of you do the same thing? I have been quilting for several years now and love it. I am legally blind and my seams are not perfect but things seems to work out somehow.
If anyone knows a way to easily add ribbon to a quilt I am doing for a Cancer survivor I would appreciate any suggestions. Blessings and Happy Quilting :) :) :)
Old 07-31-2007, 05:14 AM

Hello and welcome fellow Arizonan. I live on the far east side of Tucson. Where do you live in AZ. Love living here but sure gets hot. ou are going to love this site. The most helpful group of women (and tim) that you will ever want to meet. Ask any question and you will get dozens of answers.

Happy quilting!!!!

Jane Sisk
Tucson, AZ
Old 08-12-2007, 06:37 PM

I am a quilter from Mesa. I haven't been quilting too long, but love it. I still work full time, so I find it hard to do as much sewing as I would like. Where is your favorite Quilt shop? Soon Quilter 1234
Old 08-12-2007, 06:54 PM
lin

Welcome kingskid. I used to live in Tuscon, AZ about a million years ago. LOL I agree. It's hot. But...it's a dry hot, right? :wink: Like that makes any difference when it's 115!!! I hope you enjoy the site. We're glad to have you here. :)
Old 08-12-2007, 07:06 PM

Welcome to the family Kingskid! Glad to have you join us. I can imagine how hot it is there. :D
Old 08-12-2007, 09:34 PM

Thank you all so much for posting to this thread. It is nice to know any quilter who share the passion and craft of creating things from scraps or other things. I love crafts in general and can still do alot of them. I just made 80 flower pens with pink flowers for a friends celebration party for her sucessfully completing chemo party we are having soon. Has anyone made them before? What kind of flowers do you use?
Sorry I guess that should be another thread huh??? Well forgive me I am new at this.
Blessings to you all I may be offline for a week or so I am having surgery on tuesday
Old 08-12-2007, 09:39 PM

My thoughts and prayers will be with you before, during and after surgery! Good luck with surgery.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:13 PM

Thanks Heather,
My oldest daughters name is heather also. Are you working on any quilts currently lol... a silly questions huh...... I have a bunch I am workign on here and there. Hugs
Old 08-13-2007, 07:59 PM

Kingskidaz,
Yes, I am working on a few quilts and many other projects. I just finished a rag quilt. I am working on embroidering a Noah's Ark Quilt. I am wanting to make a scrappy quilt, before long ( haven't started on this one yet). I also make and sell raggedy purses, so that usually keeps me pretty busy. I would love to be able to mark off all of the projects I want to make,off of my to do list but I don't see that happening any time soon.:D
Old 08-15-2007, 09:13 AM

:D Hello All!

I too am from AZ . WAY out west near Wickenburg. We have lived here for about 3 yrs. now. I am also new to the forum and I look forward to chatting with others who enjoy quilting as much as I do. I am relatively new to quilting (only 2 yrs in). I took a few classes from a wonderful woman named Marilyn Williams who has a quilt shop in town, 'M's Quilting Inspirations '. since then I have been bit hard by the quilting bug and haven't looked back yet.
:thumbup: